PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Lions @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vilma is so awesome. Not only has he been really good today but he actually called out Kraft's refusal to take public funds... Much respect to him
I like Vilma as well

Good win

My goodness the Lions suck

Holy **** lmfao 0 for 5

0-5 going for it on 4th down, wow.

Bill Belichick just dunking his nuts all over this #1 offense while wearing his 8 rings on his fingers.

Vilma is so awesome. Not only has he been really good today but he actually called out Kraft's refusal to take public funds... Much respect to him
Is that who it is doing analysis?

O/5 on 4th down in one game has to be a record

fantastic stop ! 0-5 on 4th down, that is amazing. Defense has been nothing short of fantastic today

Great play by Mcmillan

Preseason situation now. Let Zappe spread them out and throw. Practice time.

"I told you guys to bite the kneecaps!!! Come on!!! No one listens to me"

Raekwon McMillian with a HUGE STUFF!

What a game boys. Never forget that Tom Curran said the pats couldn't score 30 points even if you locked them in Gillette Wednesday.

Last year Josh primarily tailored the offense to Mac's strengths (lots of runs, etc.), just like they are doing with Zappe this game.

In preseason and early this year I got the impression that some combination of Patricia and BB decided to quit pulling back on the reins for Mac, try to install a new offense led by a rookie Offensive Coordinator, put in new starters at 4 of the OL positions, and really put things on Mac's shoulders to see if he could respond to a heavier burden. He struggled some, as did the OL (especially in preseason).

As you say our rookie OC is getting better at play calling. I'm hoping and expecting that Mac does well when he comes back now that the OL and play-calling has improved. The fact that Zappe looks as good as he does is just a big plus for the Pats, having a reliable back-up on the cheap is a real gift. And, if Zappe turns out to be the long term solution and outperforms Mac in the long term, well, then we've got two QBs on rookie contracts, not a bad problem to have.
I'm going to temper my expectations a bit knowing the Lions defense is horrendous, and that the Lions have sold out all game to stop the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back