PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread-Jets @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse case, Pats 3/4 at 6, holding pen. Yea Mac sucks

Isn't it time the Jets self destructed?

Leaving more points on the board, it's what we do. Penalties and mistakes, Jets have the kicking advantage too. Really bad vibes right now, then again in the last game too there were bad vibes.

I don't even know what to think anymore. It's either happy feet when there's no reason for it, or standing there like a freakin statue totally immobile with the pocket actually collapsing. What is his deal this year? I don't get it.
His deal is that we need Zappe in there

Guys, as we lined up for the 3rd & 12, I'm thinking, make a reasonable play like a RUN, or a simple short pass to a RB so that we protect our chance for a FG to take the lead.

Instead, drop an already rattled Jones back in the pocket to get TOTALLY predictably killed, and make the FG attempt much harder in cold, windy conditions.

Josh used to do this too. Just completely stupid play calling in the most critical strategic situations.

If we make it to the Super Bowl, what's to stop the coaches from doing the same thing with everything on the line?

Nothing.
Mood Reaction GIF by HRejterzy

Sad to see Mac has regressed in his 2nd year. That’s a simple throw away or to the RB. He’s got to know that.

With Mac looking less and less like the future at QB we could be in the NFL wilderness for years.

This offensive line sucks… Especially Trent Brown what a waste

Mac Jones is a terrible NFL QB. Once there is pressure there’s almost no chance of a positive play.

I'm pretty livid right now at that holding call still

I’ll never understand how someone can see how the offense plays under Jones vs Zappe and then say to themselves, “Yeah, let’s keep playing Mac.”

This feels like the Green Bay game. Going against a mediocre team… Defense playing well but often sucking. Close first half and who knows what the second half will hold.

Yikes. Rough start by Mac.

- Throwing a way off long ball to Agholor that was also into double/triple coverage. There should have been at least two other receivers open in such a situation
- Throwing off his back foot again - got away with it because Jonnu Smith was wide open.
- Really bad pocket presence overall
He threw off his back foot because he had a defender in his face AND Smith was wide open. How can you complain there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back