PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Game Day Thread -AFC Championship Steelers @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell's a rookie who's missed a few games, not surprised he's struggling a little bit. Gotta shake it off though.

Almost an amazing catch by Mitchell. Good try. Need a little bit better footwork.

The footwork will come as he gets more game time.

That is the exact same type of pass as Rodgers to Cook (where Cook had the ridiculous footwork.

Not upset with Mitchell here. Edelman's "drop" on first down was more annoying.

Beyond confused. Old timer here. 47 years of age. Where is that Bell guy everyone had been talking about?

No idea what Nance or Simms were talking about. Clearly down. Either way can the PATRIOTS PLEASE STOP WASTING DOWNS RUNNING THE FOOTBALL????

The Steelers respecting the run is why the play action is working, which is what a lot of our big pass plays have come out of. If you abandon the run, the PA stops working.

Man, if the D could get at TO here, it would be perfect.

Once again the Pats are foiled by a drop by edelman and/or a half inch on the Mitchell completion NOT by the steelers
Yep - the only thing stopping the Pats offense is the Pats.

Not upset with Mitchell here. Edelman's "drop" on first down was more annoying.
My post wasn't meant to be taken as being upset with MM. He will make those catches in the future. It was a good effort.

I hate to say this, and I will repeat this throughout the week in the main forum, but I don't think this team beats Atlanta in the Super Bowl. Their RB's will be a very real matchup problem for these LBs. The minute the Pats go into the zone to prevent that matchup problem, Jones and Sanu light them up.

Another defensive stop would be huge. Cannot allow a td.

I hate Nance and Simms.. they both dislike the Patriots and its always clear in their broadcasts.. and they always mis-represent whats happening on the field to try and influence audience opinion of how something went down.. to make it seem like the Pats are catching a break, or they're lucky, or whatever..

I hate to say this, and I will repeat this throughout the week in the main forum, but I don't think this team beats Atlanta in the Super Bowl. Their RB's will be a very real matchup problem for these LBs. The minute the Pats go into the zone to prevent that matchup problem, Jones and Sanu light them up.
Where is the sad face emoticon?

Mitchell clearly affected by the long time off. Tough without him or Floyd stepping up at #4 but thankfully Hogan has really stepped it up. Hopefully Edelman can channel some of that 2014 playoff magic. Does anyone have any stills of the (non)fumble? I could not really tell from the replay but Simms seemsed quite certain lol

great job by the crowd tonight

Branch and Brown are playing lights out

3rd and 8..lets go!! no more 3 man rush, it sucks

Lets stop them here D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand