PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the world? Did Kline improve significantly or what? Based off what I remember of his play that's a massive overpay.

Apparently, he did improve. And it's not much of an overpay in the current market for IOL.

Gotta spend on somebody. I don’t see any other decent LB’s coming much cheaper.

Seems like it's going to be a "bargain basement shopping" year for the Pats in FA - even more than usual.

Worrilow, Casillas - $2M and under types as backstops, then the draft.

Gotta spend on somebody. I don’t see any other decent LB’s coming much cheaper.
You are right. Preston Brown for instance won't be cheaper I guess but it doesn't change the point that is too expensive for us to grab him.

Na, I was told Clowney was being traded for, won’t downgrade.
He’s going to want like 15 a year. He’s a bit overrated, definitely not worth huge money.

That's crazy money for Kline. Always thought he was inconsistent yet underrated here, but I would never have imagined starter money.

I think Mason could be worth a big contract. Guys like him aren't a dime a dozen.
Agree. Players like Cooks or Mason aren't blind. They are aware what's going on the market and won't play for the Pats for a penny.

I think Mason could be worth a big contract. Guys like him aren't a dime a dozen.

Mason is absolutely a guy that Pats usually end up paying.
Still young (Would be 26 going into 2019)
Is already bordering on All-Pro level of play and is still improving. Remember this was a guy who a lot of people thought would have to become a C because he played for a college-run offense at GT so the transition to pro-style G might be too much.

What kinda money is Solder looking at? I dunno if I want him at 13-15 per, especially if it’s a long term deal with big guaranteed. He may be one concussion away from being finished.

Thwre goes solder...

I think it's the guaranteed money that might be getting under Gronk's skin a bit. Gronk doesn't have anymore coming to him on his current contract, aside the the last two $2M payments on his signing bonus.

The Pats might want to try to find a way to fix that.

???

There are no payments on his signing bonus. Gronk spent that the year he signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes