PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Suh is under contract with the Dolpins until tomorrow...maybe we trade for him and reduce his salary a bit? While the Dolphins eat the signing bonus....

I don't know how you could have watched the Patriots front seven this season, let alone in the Super Bowl, and decided that defensive line is not an area of need. Yes, Valentine will come back healthy, and I like him as a player, but he's not an All-Pro or anything. Yes, Shelton is a big load of a nose tackle, but he played 40% of snaps for the Browns last season. Guy and Brown are fine players too, but neither is anything special. The Patriots are drowning in average to slightly above average players on the defensive line. Suh's much better than all of them.
Sign the mean beast I want Quarterbacks to fear getting stomped on

More consistently productive than Wilson/Richardson, especially over the past two seasons, but less than $1M more on APY, and a lower guarantee.

A few days ago i would’ve agreed. As each passing day grows though, I’m thinking we should let them walk. Take the 17+ mill we will save and pour back into other positions. RB shouldn’t be too difficult to replace somehow, or at least get close to. LT may be a bit harder to fill, but Solder hasn’t exactly been all-world.

Actually solder played very well at the end of the season. I just don't like playing around with the OL. Garcia ain't gonna be 100 percent and i wonder about the right side with cannon staying healthy

I don't know how you could have watched the Patriots front seven this season, let alone in the Super Bowl, and decided that defensive line is not an area of need. Yes, Valentine will come back healthy, and I like him as a player, but he's not an All-Pro or anything. Yes, Shelton is a big load of a nose tackle, but he played 40% of snaps for the Browns last season. Guy and Brown are fine players too, but neither is anything special. The Patriots are drowning in average to slightly above average players on the defensive line. Suh's much better than all of them.

While also more expensive than literally all of them. The question is always if whatever he brings more is worth what he will cost more. You will get a lot better in a few schemes and groupings while you might lose out the diversity and ability to run a couple others. And of course the single point of failure.

Difficult question to answer.

Actually solder played very well at the end of the season. I just don't like playing around with the OL. Garcia ain't gonna be 100 percent and i wonder about the right side with cannon staying healthy

With Solder getting ridiculous offers, the Pats might want to lock up either Waddle or Fleming (or both) now, just to be safe. I agree with you, you can't count on Garcia, he is basically a rookie coming off an illness in which he lost 40 lbs. No way you can count on him to be your starting LT.

A few days ago i would’ve agreed. As each passing day grows though, I’m thinking we should let them walk. Take the 17+ mill we will save and pour back into other positions. RB shouldn’t be too difficult to replace somehow, or at least get close to. LT may be a bit harder to fill, but Solder hasn’t exactly been all-world.

As Miguel says, LT is the second hardest position to fill on a team.

And Solder will probably seem all-world compared to his replacement the first time Brady gets decked because the replacement whiffed and couldn't recover in time.

Another one gone that may have been a good fit. Interesting to know what he's getting paid.

In fairness, Shelton did fine at NT in the Browns 3-4 for two seasons. His snaps were reduced in 2017 when new DC Gregg Williams brought in his own 4-3, which really doesn't have much use for a 2-gapping NT type.

Go eat Danny. Get yourself some nice cigars and some rum and enjoy life.. Jesus Miami what the **** are you doing.

Yeah, that contract wasn't gonna happen with the Pats this season.

Danny would've been worth it, but .... cap space.

Good for dola. Good luck. I rather go for a guy like Wilkerson who might be cheap than Suh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes