PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another $8M per year WR (with Albert Wilson).

Richardson's TOTAL production for 2014-2017 =

161 tgts/95 receptions (59%), 1302 yds (13.7 ypc), 8 TDs

His best season was this past year:
80 tgts/44 receptions (55%), 703 yds (16.0 ypc), 6 TDs

This might be close to a comp for Marquis Flowers, though probably a million or so on the high side.

Another $8M per year WR (with Albert Wilson).

Richardson's TOTAL production for 2014-2017 =

161 tgts/95 receptions (59%), 1302 yds (13.7 ypc), 8 TDs

His best season was this past year:
80 tgts/44 receptions (55%), 703 yds (16.0 ypc), 6 TDs

rofl

Texans continue to pursue both Nate Solder and Malcolm Butler. Both guys have strong markets. Doesn't appear Butler is going to lose much - if any - money based on his roller coaster season and SB benching.

Biggest Patriots related news of the day

19-0

The dollar amounts flying around right now makes Harrison look better. Slater is a no brainer. So I'm actually good with this as all we have so far. I'm sure we are quietly keying in on a few free agents but I think this draft is looking like it might be all the more important between the cost of free agency and the NFL stripping a first and us trading one away we need this draft class to hit.

Broncos have exercised Demaryius Thomas' $4M option to trigger the final two years on his deal. He's not going anywhere.

I think M. Flowers is gone. I liked him but he wasn't really an impact player. Outside of Hightower and Van Noy, I just want to blow up the position. Richards is basically a linebacker and every linebacker has to be better than him at open field tackling.

I didn't even mean for this to turn into a Richard bashing but here I am lol. Can he somehow be salvaged? Can the eagles fix him like they did Chung? Can we hire whatever coach from the eagles to preemptively fix our future second round defensive backs lol?

I think M. Flowers is gone. I liked him but he wasn't really an impact player. Outside of Hightower and Van Noy, I just want to blow up the position. Richards is basically a linebacker and every linebacker has to be better than him at open field tackling.

I would keep Harrison...

The dollar amounts flying around right now makes Harrison look better. Slater is a no brainer. So I'm actually good with this as all we have so far. I'm sure we are quietly keying in on a few free agents but I think this draft is looking like it might be all the more important between the cost of free agency and the NFL stripping a first and us trading one away we need this draft class to hit.
Until pen hits paper, you should count on nothing. The only re-signings worth a hoot
are Solder and Lewis. Free agency would be a huge success if they could some how
add these two.

The more ridiculous contracts I see this week, the more okay I'd be with Dion returning at 6M APY.

Until pen hits paper, you should count on nothing. The only re-signings worth a hoot
are Solder and Lewis. Free agency would be a huge success if they could some how
add these two.

Amendola and Slater are important re-signs.

I didn't even mean for this to turn into a Richard bashing but here I am lol. Can he somehow be salvaged? Can the eagles fix him like they did Chung? Can we hire whatever coach from the eagles to preemptively fix our future second round defensive backs lol?

Just a small correction..... Chung was an even worse disaster with the Eagles than he was with the Patriots. That's why they cut him after 1 season, that's why the Patriots were able to resign him at a rock bottom price prior to 2014. It was the Patriots who fixed him; Belichick himself says the problem was him (Belichick), that he misused him initially. Which I agree with to a certain extent, but I understand why he did it; that's a long off topic post for another day....

I thought Marquis Flowers showed a lot of potential last year. But he was effectively a rookie out there on defense, which didn't really help the overall defense given the injuries to the veterans. With another year of experience he might be able to develop into a very effective passing down LB. I'd like to see him back. We just need further help so they're not relying on him on running downs, and aren't forced to rely on him if he doesn't take the next step.

Pretty weird move if true. Must be a ton of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes