PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Reid says he’s not planning to kneel during anthem

“I’m just going to consider different ways to be active, different ways to bring awareness to the issues of this country to improve on,” Reid said, via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area. “I don’t think it’ll be in the form of protesting during the anthem. And I said ‘during’ because it’s crazy to me that the narrative got changed to we were protesting the anthem, because that wasn’t the case. But I think we’re going to take a different approach to how to be active.”

Eric Reid says he’s not planning to kneel during anthem

Wha? Thought they were around $10m?

The current meter reading from Miguel ...

It's already been reported that M. Flowers 1-yr contract is for $2.55M. So that takes it down to $8.4M - not including Slater or Waddle.

Cool!

Only Fleming and Harrison remaining. And Branch, technically (I think).

Actually:
Fleming, Branch, Harrison, Jean-Francois*

*No announcement has been officially made on Jean-Francois by Detroit. With Detroit signing Hankins and no announcement, things may have fallen apart..

Other Patriots Street Free Agents: (no Comp pick)
Bennett, Reedy, McClellin, Kidder, Farris.

The current meter reading from Miguel ...

It's already been reported that M. Flowers 1-yr contract is for $2.55M. So that takes it down to $8.4M - not including Slater or Waddle.

Umm.. You're forgetting about the Top 51 Rule. The Bottom 3 guys currently are J. Jones, Ferentz, and Karras. They are 633K, 630K and 630K respectively. That's nearly 1.9M in offset.. so, figure that the number dropped from 10.9M to 10.3M with it to go done some more with the numbers for the other two..

EDIT: I'm not sure that those are actually the bottom 3 as OTC doesn't have Tobin or Clayborn on the Patriots list currently.. So

Last edited:
Perhaps the most stacked roster. "Best franchise" seems like a reach.

I think their biggest problem may be getting Wentz back 100%. He may not reach that until 2019.

He's S4 on the Patriots, making minimum(ish). I don't think that's a two way fit, but who knows?
I’d use his position to leverage a cheap long term, say 3 years like the original Chung deal, but allow us a easy out that doesn’t affect us long term if things go aray.

He has so much potentional. People need to remember Chungs turn around. The only thing is, Reid has actually had a pretty good career playing well all over the field. Can plays FS, SS, slot and LB, all fairly effective. His value is almost there in his ability to cover all 4 positions as a back. Very similar player to Chung, just much more athletic. He’s only 26 also

Mike Wallace can be a decent number 3 receiver. But the Eagles have improved even more on defense. Their front 4 is very deep.

No one seems to remember they’re getting Sidney Jones back also. He was considered a top 10 pick before his got injured leading up to the draft . If he comes back 100%, that’s a huge addition also

I think their biggest problem may be getting Wentz back 100%. He may not reach that until 2019.

Does it matter when their backup QB put up 41 points and 400 yards passing on a Bill Belichick defense?

Does it matter when their backup QB put up 41 points and 400 yards passing on a Bill Belichick defense?

Unless you expect Foles to make a habit out of such things, yes it matters.

As long as wentz can play, he’ll play. They are not benching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents