PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it sticks out this year because of Brady’s age now. There’s not much time left. Not a good time for a “sit on your hands” off-season.

That’s why it was so critical to win the super bowl this year. You never know when you’ll head back...

Patrick Robinson got 4 years and 20 mil even if it was all gtd money Pats could match this. THEY DON'T WANT TO. They have a plan. Is it going to work? I don't know. But they do have one.

The fact that you think the issue is with McCourty and not with players like Richards and Rowe as well as the lack of quality LBs behind HT (who could have predicted that they'd lose 3 LBs to injury) speaks volumes about you, FTW.
I would think that Van Noy and Flowers would have looked much, much better with Hightower leading the lb corps.

The honey badger isn't worth $15M a year to the patriots.

DMC is a different issue. he could be extended or restructured to add cap money, if that is the issue.
Not saying that. Work a deal with Honey Badger (or another quality S you do not have to pay $12mm for). DMC could have trade interest?....perhaps.

IMO he is not a $12mm player and was torched a few times last year. Not his best year. Again , we will have a difference of opinion on him.
DW Toys

That’s why it was so critical to win the super bowl this year. You never know when you’ll head back...
It’s starting to look like we never will. And Bill is quite content with it.

Patrick Robinson got 4 years and 20 mil even if it was all gtd money Pats could match this. THEY DON'T WANT TO. They have a plan. Is it going to work? I don't know. But they do have one.

How do you know that the patriots didn't make an offer, or even offer more?

Believe it or not, the PLAYER makes a decision whether to sign a contract.

Last edited:
The pats are simply not competitive in their offers with everyone they are losing out on. They have a number and stick to it and another team comes along and pays more.

And you know this how? Have you actually SEEN the offers? For all we know, the claims that the Patriots have been interested in XYZ players is coming from the players themselves and not the Patriots. (see Richard Sherman)..

Not saying that. Work a deal with Honey Badger (or another quality S you do not have to pay $12mm for). DMC could have trade interest?....perhaps.

IMO he is not a $12mm player and was torched a few times last year. Not his best year. Again , we will have a difference of opinion on him.
DW Toys

This **** again?

Cap space is not cash paid.

(A) It's $10.9M, not $11.9M,
(B) About $4M of that is signing bonus proration that can't be moved, period.

IOW, the Pats could save about $7M in cap space if they trade him.
Works for me. But again, many love him. Kind of mediocre last year.
DW Toys

The pats are simply not competitive in their offers with everyone they are losing out on. They have a number and stick to it and another team comes along and pays more.

It's not always about the money. If two offers are essentially the same, the player may choose the team that offers more playing time or a role/scheme that he feels suits him better.

Long bailed on the Pats in FA last season because he didn't like the role the Pats had him playing. It didn't even get as far as a contract offer.

McCourty is being paid $8M this year. I would suggest that he is worth that. What would we need to pay for a starting safety of comparable quality?

DW Toys

Because Brady had Amendola and Gronk, White was not used much. That doesn't mean that White isn't a very good 3rd down choice. This year it may be Gronk and Edelman. White is still a good choice as a 3rd down RB option.

I take someone I have on my ignore list is ****ting on White about 3rd down,

RB rankings for 1st down catches on 3rd down 2017

1- McCaffery
t2- J. White
t2- Johnson Jr.

McCaffery had 1 more reception on 3rd down than White.

spending money and making huge moves doesn't guarantee a ring.

The patriots build to be consistent contenders, not to win one ring and then have 5 years of cap hell.

It's not always about the money. If two offers are essentially the same, the player may choose the team that offers more playing time or a role/scheme that he feels suits him better.

Long bailed on the Pats in FA last season because he didn't like the role the Pats had him playing. It didn't even get as far as a contract offer.

I honestly believe that this is why Lewis left, though I don't understand signing with the Titans.. Lewis didn't feel he was being used properly here. He said so in the media.. So the Pats could have felt that it was time to move on.. That Lewis wasn't going to be the type of team player they needed going forward.

DW Toys

We get it. You don't like McCourty. We've read it in thread after thread. Can you play any other tune on your instrument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes