PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Eborn has been released per Ian Rapoport

That TE class of Ebron, Jace Amaro and ASJ.. worst TE group of overhyped early picks ever ?

I saw Amaro busting from a mile away, and ASJ has revived his career some, but it's pretty clear that being a physical freak is far from the defining characteristic that makes Gronk special.

Eric Ebron would look good with Brady looked fine the few times I saw him last year. He's still better than that Right Tackle Dwayne Allen.:rolleyes:

No thanks to Clayborn. Seems like he'd be a Bennett consolation prize and would require overpaying. Also because this:

I'm aware sacks aren't everything.

How do you know that the patriots didn't make an offer, or even offer more?

Believe it or not, the PLAYER makes a decision whether to sign a contract.

Is there any report saying otherwise - that they did offer him a contract?

The fact that you think the issue is with McCourty and not with players like Richards and Rowe as well as the lack of quality LBs behind HT (who could have predicted that they'd lose 3 LBs to injury) speaks volumes about you, FTW.

Wait one minute here Cousin. I was not the poster who said that DMC was the heart and soul of the Pats defense. If that's the case and you agree, you're defending his "off" year as a product of other people injuries?.....Is that a fair statement?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Agree with you on Richards. You should have added Bademosi. Rowe actually was rated as having a better Super Bowl 52 than DMC, but then again, what do I know. McCourty had a pretty poor year.

I have my opinion McCourty is not worth $12mm. If you disagree, this is a forum and we joust everyday. I just think he is replaceable for less money and maybe you put that money into keeping perhaps a Lewis. Just a thought.
DW Toys

No thanks to Clayborn. Seems like he'd be a Bennett consolation prize and would require overpaying. Also because this:

I'm aware sacks aren't everything.

Might help the Pats with their inability to set the edge against the run, though.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
BB & company are gonna do something special...I can feel it.

The inactivity kind of has me leaning towards thinking the Suh thing might be legit but teams can't "officially" talk to Suh until he is released which won't happen until 4pm today. I mean we hear they had interest in Murphy but he's off the board but really if Trent Murphy was a guy they were really in for they probably get that done

Wait one minute here Cousin. I was not the poster who said that DMC was the heart and soul of the Pats defense. If that's the case and you agree, you're defending his "off" year as a product of other people injuries?.....Is that a fair statement?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Agree with you on Richards. You should have added Bademosi. Rowe actually was rated as having a better Super Bowl 52 than DMC, but then again, what do I know. McCourty had a pretty poor year.

I have my opinion McCourty is not worth $12mm. If you disagree, this is a forum and we joust everyday. I just think he is replaceable for less money and maybe you put that money into keeping perhaps a Lewis. Just a thought.
DW Toys

DMC did not have a poor year. You are just flat out wrong

I didn't watch Tyrann Mathieu last year, but I had heard he wasn't close to being the same player he was prior to his last injury. He can't be worse than Richards and he would definitely give the Patriots Defensive Backfield the kind of flexibility they've been looking for.. Maybe a Prove it deal would work, though with the claim that he and his agent believe he can get more on the free agent market than what he was getting in AZ, it's unlikely he'll go for that.

Is there any report saying otherwise - that they did offer him a contract?
We don't know.

Posters seem to often think that the patriots could sign a player who sign with another team, simply by offering the same amount.

Yet another $8M/year LB.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: TBR
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand