PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know...Harry is a truly explosive wide receiver. His inability to separate from absolutely anybody is just his way of playing possum. He was definitely the right pick at 32.

Oh, ffs. He played in a signal offense at ASU. He went to a read and react offense in New England. That’s a huge difference.

Then he had to play with a QB who has been in that offense for 20 years, who Harry rarely worked with due to injury, no OTAs, other receivers, etc. Everyone could see he was thinking on the field. Am I running a third option dig here when where in a 12 formation and there’s motion and the corner is in press coverage and taking an outside position and the safety is cheating and Brady is now calling an audible and, oh wait, now the safety is off and the Will has rotated and the corner looks like he’s taking an inside position and . . . oh, **** . . . ? All that and more needs to be processed in about 3 seconds. Rookie WR processing all that skillfully, playing against experienced, grown men at a faster pace than in college? Good luck.

This ain’t Seattle’s offense, which has half the plays, relies on Wilson’s exceptional running ability and deep ball accuracy, audibles less. Plus, they ran bubble screens and slants to Metcalf, who’s in motion so there’s no press coverage for him to deal with.

Let’s see what he does this year before resorting to the simpleton’s tired refrain “he can’t get separation.”

My biggest question is why the Pats had him higher than Winfield. In the latest depth chart updates they have Winfield starting at FS in Tampa but Dugger backing up McCourty
Dugger will be Chung's replacement

My biggest question is why the Pats had him higher than Winfield. In the latest depth chart updates they have Winfield starting at FS in Tampa but Dugger backing up McCourty

Good question. I don’t know why they liked him more than Winfield. Better athlete?

I see him as backing up Chung, but he’s so athletic I could see him backing up DMac too.

Smart man. You won't regret it. You simply can't fix stupid.
It's about the quality of the player in front of him. Remember, the Bucs have missed the playoffs 12 years in a row. They were not one of the most talented teams in the league. Much easier for a rookie to play right away on a crap team.

This is some crazy revisionist history. We won a superbowl because of a miracle play by Malcolm Butler aided by a great press by Brandon Browner and miracle goal line tackle before by Dante Hightower. Not because of the bad OLine coach who was fired the following season after Brady took 4 sacks and was destroyed by the Broncos defense.

Patriots fire offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo
This is some crazy revisionist history. We won a superbowl because of a miracle play by Malcolm Butler aided by a great press by Brandon Browner and miracle goal line tackle before by Dante Hightower. Not because of the bad OLine coach who was fired the following season after Brady took 4 sacks and was destroyed by the Broncos defense.

Patriots fire offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo
how are stated facts revisionist history? Which fact is not correct?
And I wasn’t really discussing the merits of the job of the ol coach I was just pointing out to the head of idiot brigade that everything he says is wrong

The patriots never, ever, ever list a rookie as a starter on their depth chart in April. It’s a completely meaningless item.
They are completed different players that the consensus had rated similarly.
It would appear Belichick felt duggers skill set is a better fit for his scheme. I think he is the prototype of a player bb has been looking for for a very long time.

Last edited:
The pink hat troll is back...

Oh, ffs. He played in a signal offense at ASU. He went to a read and react offense in New England. That’s a huge difference.

Then he had to play with a QB who has been in that offense for 20 years, who Harry rarely worked with due to injury, no OTAs, other receivers, etc. Everyone could see he was thinking on the field. Am I running a third option dig here when where in a 12 formation and there’s motion and the corner is in press coverage and taking an outside position and the safety is cheating and Brady is now calling an audible and, oh wait, now the safety is off and the Will has rotated and the corner looks like he’s taking an inside position and . . . oh, **** . . . ? All that and more needs to be processed in about 3 seconds. Rookie WR processing all that skillfully, playing against experienced, grown men at a faster pace than in college? Good luck.

This ain’t Seattle’s offense, which has half the plays, relies on Wilson’s exceptional running ability and deep ball accuracy, audibles less. Plus, they ran bubble screens and slants to Metcalf, who’s in motion so there’s no press coverage for him to deal with.

Let’s see what he does this year before resorting to the simpleton’s tired refrain “he can’t get separation.”

It may be tired to say N'Keal Harry is a slow NFL receiver, but that does not make it any less truthful. N'Keal Harry is an extremely slow NFL receiver. Laquon Treadwell 2.0. Phenomenal pick in the first round. Nearly as good as drafting a 6 yr D2 safety at 37.

1925446_460s.jpg

The patriots never, ever, ever lost a rookie as a starter on their depth chart in April. It’s a completely meaningless item.
They are completed different players that the consensus had rated similarly.
It would appear Belichick felt diggers skillet is a better fit for his scheme. I think he is the prototype of a player bb has been looking for for a very long time.

He's been looking for a 6 yr D2 safety for a long time? Who knew?

That's the beauty of the ignore button. He no longer exists and has no opinion. It's awesome.
I finally caved in. 13 years, ZERO on the ignore list.
Until now.
This POS "iapatsfan" is worse than any troll ever.
He is the corn in a Bill Polian turd.

It would appear Belichick felt diggers skillet is a better fit for his scheme.

I know it's a typo - but that's funny. As a cast iron chef myself, a man's skillet is extremely important and fit is definitely key.

He's been looking for a 6 yr D2 safety for a long time? Who knew?
Yup before that he spent 20 years looking for a slow, skinny QB who got benched in college.

Yup before that he spent 20 years looking for a slow, skinny QB who got benched in college.

Comparing a 6 yr high level high school DB to a HOF QB seems about right.

It may be tired to say N'Keal Harry is a slow NFL receiver, but that does not make it any less truthful. N'Keal Harry is an extremely slow NFL receiver. Laquon Treadwell 2.0. Phenomenal pick in the first round. Nearly as good as drafting a 6 yr D2 safety at 37.
So just for the hell of it, maybe you explain in your infinite wisdom why the man who is almost unanimously consider one of the few greatest football coaches of all time who has won more regularly than anyone ever has, picked Harry, and not only drafted no outside WRs but did not sign a single UDFA outside WR?
What is your analysis of why Belichick appears to think you are totally wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back