PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Day 1 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick! Without looking it up, tell me who ran the fastest out of this group of NFL receivers:

JuJu Smith-Schuster
Deandre Hopkins
N'keal Harry
Davante Adams
Michael Thomas
Antonio Brown
That's easy. Harry.

Brady’s never been good with burners, this guy is much more his type.

Kinda had a feeling the Pats were going to hold onto the pick when Atlanta and NYG jumped ahead of us. BB probably told them no.

We all should be thrilled that a clear need (though not THE need) was actually picked! :) It frequently hasn't worked out that way in the past. As well, it doesn't appear to be a player that will cause that melodious "reach" din.

Will he be a productive receiver in 2019 or 2020 and beyond? As DI said, I hope BB got it right. Whether he did?? Who the F knows at this point. :)

We also have him for that notorious fifth year.

I'm just glad it wasn't a small, speedy, finesse WR. I'd rather go for a bigger more physical pass catcher.

Some serious body control with a touch of crazy Beckham catches. Love the lombardi write ups, gonna go back and reread some of reamers.

Telling you right now this is the best out come for tonight.. This kid is fantastic and he returns punts/kickoff and has been use at rb a few times. Can plat slot and outside. Lots of tools and you know BB love that.

Come on, now. There were much better outcomes that might have happened.

Not a fan of trading up tomorrow There will be some good player available in round 2 and 3.

This is one of my favourite first round picks by the Pats in a long time. I love N'keal Harry.

i can't believe the Pats took a WR in round 1.
I was expecting the BB Special, a trade down.

BB drafted Harry exactly one pick ahead of AZ. Reports that they were targeting him with the first pick in round 2. Classic BB...******* ;)
The good news for Harry is he gets to play with TB and the Pats instead of AZ.

The bad news for Harry is as a first rounder the Pats get an extra year of control.

It seems the better WRs end up resigning before their last year, so let's hope he ends up in that camp.

I'm sold. All in on Harry. Love the pick! Just read a few articles on him, and 1 former NFL DE had him rated as the #1 WR in this draft. Knows how to get open, runs the best routes of any prospect, and will be a difference maker in the run blocking game. I had blinders for Brown, but this guy might be just what the Pats needed.

BB drafted Harry exactly one pick ahead of AZ. Reports that they were targeting him with the first pick in round 2. Classic BB...******* ;)

He likes screwing bird teams out of pass catchers. He did it to the Ratbirds three times in 2010 (Dez Bryant, GRONK, Hernandez).

So now if you cry when you get drafted, you aren't smart?

"I" wouldn't say anything. You would probably say that the Jets need more emotionally stable players.
I prefer a more stoic and subdued response from a person when drafted and handling himself on stage. I dont know any of these men personaly but that doesn't mean that I won't allow my past observations to form certain gut feelings. It's a fine line between being respectfully unassuming and not using life experience to help equip yourself.

And yes if Darnold cried on draft night on stage after he knew he would be a top pick, I would absolutely question his ability to hack the league at that position and I would have probably written him off.

"I" wouldn't say anything. You would probably say that the Jets need more emotionally stable players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back