PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 5

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.

72f855fb-cae3-4ae8-8577-742c4fe0c970_text.gif

Sounds like you don't value the WR position.
It is not nearly the same value as QB. Historically, very few top QB’s are traded while they are top QB’s. Stafford was traded, but the Lions lost a lot of games, and he had never led them to a playoff win.

You can trade for a top WR. Off the top of my head- Randy Moss (Vikings 1.0) was traded, prime ‘Reek Hill, Diggs, AJ Brown, Davante Adams, prime DHop, prime Amari Cooper- the list goes on and on. You can go get one- because there have been many crummy teams with a great wr. There aren’t as many crummy teams with a great QB.

Bryce Hall signs with Tampa Bay.

That puts the final nail in the coffin of the 2020 New York Jete draft.

1.11, OT Mekhi Becton - signed with Bengals
2.59, WR Denzil Mims - traded in 2023 to Detroit along with a swap of 6th & 7th round draft picks
3.68, S Ashtyn Davis - unsigned free agent
3.79, DE Jabari Zuniga - has not been on an NFL roster since 2022
4.120, RB La'Mical Perine - waived in 2022
4.125, QB James Morgan - waived in 2021
4.129, OT Cameron Clark - never played in the NFL
5.158, CB Bryce Hall - signed by Tampa Bay today
6.191, P Braden Mann - waived in 2023

But those guys were taken way way back in the draft. You can't compare Ridder and Pickett to the #3
Yep those guys would at best be the 7th or 8th best QB this year

Steelers traded Kenny Pickett, you see they are trading a 1st round pick QB and moving on pretty quickly, it happens. The Pats shouldn't get too cute on draft day, it's been a while they don't draft on the top of the draft, anyway, f that, it's just another pick, get a QB Maye or Daniel's and be done with it.

In contention for worst signing of last year’s free agency. He led the league in sacks allowed despite only playing 11 games worth of snaps.
No thanks.

What are these “weapons “?

No kidding. Van Jefferson is a weapon?

A lot of 1 year deals getting signed for some reason. WR market has low supply but deals still not that high besides Ridley. Should be able to get a guy like Chark, Reynolds, Boyd etc for pretty reasonable value.

No kidding. Van Jefferson is a weapon?

A lot of 1 year deals getting signed for some reason. WR market has low supply but deals still not that high besides Ridley. Should be able to get a guy like Chark, Reynolds, Boyd etc for pretty reasonable value.
Value shmalue. Higgins.

What about Jefferson for 2025 R1? I might do that because you can get both him and a rookie WR and suddenly weaponize this offense.
I'd absolutely be all over JJ. The rookie QB would absolutely thrive with him in the offense. He would allow everyone else to play thier natural positions as 2s,3s, and 4s.
pick #34, 2024, 4th rounder, 2025 1st

But those guys were taken way way back in the draft. You can't compare Ridder and Pickett to the #3

Wilson, Lance, Trubisky, Mayfield, Darnold, Mariotta, Winston, Wentz, and Bortles were all drafted in the top three and were either major disappointments or outright busts.

I don’t Fn care, drafting a QB or not, run Fields into the ground next season if you can snag him for a 6th
It's mind blowing to me we haven't traded for him.. supposed chi town would take a low 4th or 5th..

No thanks.
It's telling that Trent is still out there... and we don't have a LT, absolutely mind blowing to me. No disrespect to KB, or pop. But we have no LT, no outside WR, is this by design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back