PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 5

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can do what the Dolphins did. They traded down from 3 to 12 and picked up two more first rounders and then traded back up to get Waddle while still keeping those other two first rounders.
Yeah.. If they can pull that off, that would be great.

Picking up a WR, QB and T in the first two rounds would be huge to getting this team on the right track.

I agree with Zolak.

I would take Joe Milton in the 4th or 5th rd. It's a crap shoot at best, I don't see any of the QBs as "special" at list Milton has all the physical traits you want.
Milton can throw an orange 80 yards. What's not to like :rofl:

Tough to hit a home run if you don’t take a swing, but man those are a lot of misses.

Those numbers are kinda skewed. Some QB have change teams but are still starters in the league so they are not bust necessarily

If we count the starters

Lawrence
Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Murray
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson
Watson
Mahomes
Goff

Off the 30 QB that were picked in the 1st between 13-22, 12 are still starters in the league. That’s 40%.

I agree with Zolak.

Pickett was never R1 level and Ridder was the 74th pick. I get the point but we're comparing apples with oranges here.

If you want Daniels and he’s gone at 2, then trade the 3rd pick.

I honestly don’t get the love for drake Maye, like at all, he played like liquid garbage the second half of the season and built his stats against teams like Campbell and Appalachian State. His numbers aren’t good

Exactly what I was going to say. Different sport but same result. Look at how we got Tatum.

Danny was going to take him at 1, but some how Philly was sold on that PG (can't even remember his name) and even crazier, most everyone knew that, however Danny convinced Philly otherwise. Got some picks out of them to jump LA, who everyone knew was going to take Ball.

I won't call it the worst trade ever but simply based on pure stupidity it's up there.

Celtics have had a couple steals trading down...

McHale and Parish for Joe Barely Cares...

40 years ago, the Celtics pulled off a trade that cemented a championship foundation

If you want Daniels and he’s gone at 2, then trade the 3rd pick.

I honestly don’t get the love for drake Maye, like at all, he played like liquid garbage the second half of the season and built his stats against teams like Campbell and Appalachian State. His numbers aren’t good
Amen!

Those numbers are kinda skewed. Some QB have change teams but are still starters in the league so they are not bust necessarily

If we count the starters

Lawrence
Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Murray
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson
Watson
Mahomes
Goff

Off the 30 QB that were picked in the 1st between 13-22, 12 are still starters in the league. That’s 40%.

You added a whopping 2 to that list.. That's not the WIN you think it is.

Mayfield is on his 4th team.
Deshaun Watson is on his 2nd but hasn't proven capable of staying healthy since the trade.

Whether it's 33% or 40%, it's not a good number considering the time, energy and MONEY put into them..

If we count the starters

Lawrence
Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Murray
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson
Watson
Mahomes
Goff

I think that actually makes it worse? Only 40% of those first round drafted QBs are starters and several of them had to change teams to get right? Those are terrible odds

Unless the Pats absolutely love Maye, they should make that trade.
Yeah I think the value is very compelling. This is a really strong draft in the top couple rounds and getting three picks from 11-34 gives you a big chance to fix this offense. Plus future picks.

You can probably slide up a couple picks from 11 for Odunze and get a QB around 23, whether that is Nix or Penix. Then target a tackle at 34. And have Minnesota’s 1st and your own 1st next year to further improve things.

Or maybe they trade 34 to Cincinnati for Higgins now that they have two 1sts this year, and grab a QB at 11 and a tackle at 23 or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back