PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 5

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have questions weather the Chargers take McCarthy, shiny new coach Limbaugh or not. You have a talented young Herbert and they just clobbered their WR room. They have Mimms and that's it. I think the Chargers are now in the WR business cousin.
DW Toys
Quentin Johnston but I can see them going WR again.

One other scenario in my head:

If you traded down with Minnesota, and get their two 1's, plus a 25 1st. You could find a way to trade the later 1st, the 34th pick and the 25 1st to move up to 5 with the Chargers. Leaving you with the 5th and 11th pick. Pick 5 likely lets you get whoever of Maye/McCarthy is not taken. And if someone trades up for one of those at 4, you take MHJ and take Nix at 11.

Just spitballing here
If they trade down they should take both 1sts this year, then in 25 and 26.

Vikings are desperate, time to take advantage.

I’m not taking a QB with busted up knees with a top 15 pick even with him passing medicals.
Pocket passer who throw lasers what's not to like??

I truly think something is up.. I think we are going to get AN ELITE WR in here. Allen is nice player, but often injuries plays half a season on average. For now I'd take Hollywood brown and Mike Williams on the outside.
I would take Williams too. Not interested in Brown.

Minny isnt making this trade to get another late 1st so i believe they will try to move up. I would gladly take JJ but i doubt he is still there at 11. Moves would have to be made.
Patriots need a QB, we know that and they know that so we'll see.

Penix in the first round is disgusting.
Patriots should not trade down.
We need a franchise QB,
What is Minnesota is going after the number 1 pick?
Not even close. Just to get to 6 or below to land McCarthy is going to take a lot more than they have now.

For me, I want the Qb, but if they offer Jefferson on a sign and trade plus a first and more I might salivate a little.

Throw away the chart. The #3 pick is more valuable than usual because there will be a QB worth taking there. That’s often not the case.
Cousin Sciz. Are you 100% sold that one of the "Holy Three" is far and above Nix, Penix, McCarthy or even Rattler (who is the sleeper here)? I have seen the tape and they are not sure 100% top three picks. If you think so, I respect your opinion.

They are clipboard holders for a year anyway and are dead roster positions while we get bored to death watching Brissett take his tenth three and out and then like the Romans, eventually demand that the new multi millionaires be thrown into the arena for blood.

At least Fields (yeh,,,I know,,,boo on Fields) can improvise and only have five three and outs with our stellar Team of WR like Pop who will be on IR with a concussion, Bourne playing on one leg, JuJu playing on the other one leg, Thornton who will be broke in two by game one and joining Pop on IR and Boute who was in the witness protection program last year.

I promise you one thing, our punter will lead the League in punts in 2024. Want to do over and under?

Our best receiver and perhaps our top offensive player in 2023 was Zeke (why haven't they resigned him) who was also a great locker room guy and only 28).

DW Toys

Mark Daniels hit the nail on the head.

B
Speculation is that Min is trading with the chargers for 5
Booo Booo. :rolleyes:
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Jefferson to chargers makes sense too, they just cleared out their WRs.

If multiple teams are willing to give up assets to move up to 3 to draft a qb then we should keep the pick.

If those teams identified the third qb as a franchise guy I trust those opinions more than I trust our own scouts. I would be wary of thinking our FO is smarter than others to the point that we could better identify a franchise qb.

I’m so tired of seeing this team draft wildly differently than consensus and ending up with bad draft classes. A lot of hubris going around the New England front office and despite the way the team is spinning it, it wasn’t just Bill that was guilty of this.

If multiple teams are willing to give up assets to move up to 3 to draft a qb then we should keep the pick.

If those teams identified the third qb as a franchise guy I trust those opinions more than I trust our own scouts. I would be wary of thinking our FO is smarter than others to the point that we could better identify a franchise qb.

I’m so tired of seeing this team draft wildly differently than consensus and ending up with bad draft classes. A lot of hubris going around the New England front office and despite the way the team is spinning it, it wasn’t just Bill that was guilty of this.
This. Just don’t over think it. Just make the pick

Amazingly, because I didn't think it was possible, our tackles and wide receivers are worse. Maybe Brisket will make up for that, but he's not going to have time to throw and the people he throws to aren't going to be open.
I think we'll see more rushing than not. That means investing more on the OL/TE than receivers. Doubt Brissett passes more than 25 times on avg. Hopefully Thornton comes around to stress deep and JuJu can improve enough to handle the mof (I know). I've got to believe their plan is set up around the scheme. A LT signing in FAcy seems like a given, if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST