PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were stacked last year also. We see how that ended.
The only weakness they haven’t shored up is shut down corner.
They are trying to get Patrick Surtain JR.

It’s a lot of money for a rebuild year but the WR’s aren’t coming for the beaches. The Pats have a crap load of $ still that they may have to spend to get to the minimum. I think they should try to sign him.

Its just hard seeing us aquire a true #1 any other way. They will never hit fa. We could strike gold in the draft, but if you have the cap space why not go for the sure thing and you can cross off a need , also allows you to go with qb at 3 , ot at 34 and not need to sign one of these iffy options there too

Now thats a bidding war i would want in. Aiyuk at $25m is a solid use of cap, our 1st in 2025 should trump jville’s 1st to sf since we’re expected to be pretty bad again ( i think wed suprise alot of folks if we get aiyuk and a tackle)
I would break the bank and send a future first rounder for Aiyuk.

Obvious nobody really wants to be here from the outside. Have to get a franchise changing QB at 3 to change that organization draining feeling towards our team
We need to trade assets next year to get back in this draft to get another game breaking wr to add with our new QB.

I would break the bank and send a future first rounder for Aiyuk.

Should be a no brainer for us. And if youre sf you see a team that finished tied for 2nd worst in the league and thus far hasn’t made any improvements to that team. That 2025 1st of ours is an incredibly attractive pick right now

We have to spend the $. Someone tell me why we shouldn’t try to get Aiyuk.

Is he actually available? Is that rumor legit?

I wouldn’t give up a first when you’re a team that desperately needs to find talent in the draft

Can't give up next year's first, that would be malpractice. There's a decent chance that'll be a top-10 pick.

We can get the best wide receiver off board next year with our 1st round pick who could be a wr1. Why waste it.

This year is a wash . Let's just hope we get an additional receiver from reagor, boutte, Thornton, this year rookies who could be a cheap wr3 to complement Bourne and douglas in 2025.

I believe we will get maye and draft him at 3. Let him sit this entire year with chip in his shoulder and gaining all knowledge and patience from brissett . Next year let's get into beast mode by signing tee higgins and the first round wr 1.

If we find our rashee rice with 2nd or 3rd round pick our talent level on offense should be insane.

This year its a given. We are going to suck.

Last edited:
My draft WR plan would be:

If Jayden Daniels at #3, trade up from #34 to get his college teammate Brian Thomas. We’ve seen the value of pairing a QB with his college WR.

If Drake Maye at 3, take McConkey at 34 as Maye likes to throw over the middle, then double dip with Tez Walker in round 3 to give him his college teammate as well.

Didn't know Samuel was out there Wolf is human he made a mistake he was who we should have went after. The guy is going kill us in Buffalo great signing. :(

We need to find a way to get Aiyiuk or Higgins.
I vote for both or Justin Jefferson.
Imagine trading 3 for Justin Jefferson and Minnesotas second.
Then using the pick to come back up in the first and take one of McCarthy, Nix, Maye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST