PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
you may be rich, but i can guarantee you didnt become rich via accounting
Spent five years in finance. Thanks again for your assumptions.

And to repeat: "Bottom line: you're focused on INCOME TAXES only, and yes, for rich people, California (which has the most rich people, the highest property values, etc.) hits them the hardest. Yes."

Last edited:
Also, while I hope there's enough continuity to keep this defense rolling, we really have no idea exactly how impactful Belichick's (and his son's) absence will have on it. Specifically, how much of their success finding UDFA defensive backs, or coaching up guys like Earthwind Moreland, Alex Austin, etc, is the result of Bill versus just the general defensive philosophy. There's some unknown coming on defense. Hopefully it keeps chugging, but we need to see first before we start jettisoning good players because, "We've always been able to find replacements at that spot."
IBBWT oh boy. :rofl:
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Chris Jones buckled his knees already damaged goods sorry his Fifth year option won't be picked up. Also Strange is not very good.
Chris Jones buckled pretty much everyone’s knees…not exactly a good argument there.
Now if Tom Jones buckled his knees then we may have a problem.

“Playing for Miami will save him an estimated $2.7 million in state and local taxes this season alone,” writes Jared Walczak, vice president of state projects at the Tax Foundation. “Had he played for the Jets this year, he would have owed an estimated $3,191,968, of which $2,984,409 would go to New Jersey and $207,559 would go to other states. Playing for the Dolphins, he will not owe any income taxes to Florida (which doesn’t have an income tax), but his away games will yield an estimated $474,519 in liability elsewhere on the $30 million he’ll make this year.”
This is from a person who cant do math

The total if 17 games were played in New Jersey would be $2,080,000. If they play 8 games in NJ, that's $977,000. If 9, that's $1,102,000.

Don't know why they feel the need to exaggerate.

Last edited:
Maybe I wasn't clear on the that Strange section :rolleyes: McVay was smiling I almost broke my TV.:mad:

Sigh, you seem determined to deliberately miss the point. What you did on draft day is irrelevant. Whether Cole Strange was overdrafted is irrelevant. What matters is whether he's a good enough guard to be signed to a second contract. That is still very much up in the air, as this year is going to be a turning point for him one way or the other. But the idea that he wouldn't be worth re-signing simply because he wasn't worth a first round pick is ludicrous.

Also, while I hope there's enough continuity to keep this defense rolling, we really have no idea exactly how impactful Belichick's (and his son's) absence will have on it. Specifically, how much of their success finding UDFA defensive backs, or coaching up guys like Earthwind Moreland, Alex Austin, etc, is the result of Bill versus just the general defensive philosophy. There's some unknown coming on defense. Hopefully it keeps chugging, but we need to see first before we start jettisoning good players because, "We've always been able to find replacements at that spot."
Dude every Team finds UDFA one way or another some find Linemen - TE's - WR's - RB's and the beat goes on it's not an exact science.

IBBWT oh boy. :rofl:
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Yeah, didn't say that. But if you can't even give him credit for the things he was REALLY good at, then it's not so much IBBWT, it's you being biased to the point your opinion is worthless.

Would you trade three first rounders for Herbert? I would Cousin. The Chargers are not much better on paper than we are,
DW Toys
I would trade third overall pick and next years second.
Or I would draft McCarthy.
I think his skills translate the best.

Sigh, you seem determined to deliberately miss the point. What you did on draft day is irrelevant. Whether Cole Strange was overdrafted is irrelevant. What matters is whether he's a good enough guard to be signed to a second contract. That is still very much up in the air, as this year is going to be a turning point for him one way or the other. But the idea that he wouldn't be worth re-signing simply because he wasn't worth a first round pick is ludicrous.
Sow and Mafi are going to be better players a year from now we won't be even talking about the overdrafted Cole Strange.

Yeah, didn't say that. But if you can't even give him credit for the things he was REALLY good at, then it's not so much IBBWT, it's you being biased to the point your opinion is worthless.
BB or Cole Strange?? Because Strange and Good should not be in the same sentence.

My opinion worthless like BB's Drafting?? IF BB had Drafted a couple of Players many of us wanted Wolf wouldn't have to offer the moon to Ridley which he refused.

My opinion worthless like BB's Drafting?? IF BB had Drafted a couple of guys many of us wanted we wouldn't have to offer the moon to Ridley which he refused.

Yes, he was not good at drafting or assembling the offensive side of the ball. But that's not what we were talking about now, is it?

If I have to hold your hand through the posts you responded to (which was about MARCUS JONES on the DEFENSIVE side of the ball), then this "argument" is going to get pretty tedious. So, I'm not going to bother.

Your kneejerk reactions are exhausting. Going forward, I'm just not going to engage.

Seems like it's all gone quiet since Ridley signed elsewhere. Are there any rumours out there about WR or OT? Or indeed any other positions?

Yes, he was not good at drafting or assembling the offensive side of the ball. But that's not what we were talking about now, is it?

If I have to hold your hand through the posts you responded to (which was about MARCUS JONES on the DEFENSIVE side of the ball), then this "argument" is going to get pretty tedious. So, I'm not going to bother.

Your kneejerk reactions are exhausting. Going forward, I'm just not going to engage.
Hey I love Marcus I think Bolden and Austin are going to be very good too I love our Defenses future with Mayo as HC. Sorry if I offended you.

Hey I love Marcus I think Bolden and Austin are going to be very good too I love our Defenses future with Mayo as HC. Sorry if I offended you.

Nah, sorry, I overreacted. I really should stop posting during work... one, because it's unprofessional, two, because when people piss me off here it carries over into my posts :D

Mea culpa, my friend.

PS: I'm totally not going to stop posting at work.

Nah, sorry, I overreacted. I really should stop posting during work... one, because it's unprofessional, two, because when people piss me off here it carries over into my posts :D

Mea culpa, my friend.
Ditto Guilty.:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back