PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of Reynolds at all. Here and there he looks like an all pro waiting to break out, but he will crush your soul with mixed effort, inconsistency and heart breaking drops. Year after year he has had a clear path ahead of him to really have a major role and he simply has never seized it.
Thank you no to Reynolds.

If the market is literally dead for Fields then sign him, still take a QB at 3 if your guy falls to you, or trade back, get multiple firsts and start the rebuild. This team isn’t a few accusations away from contending, they don’t even have a solid roster that just needs a playmaker or two.

Worst that happens is Fields is absolute garbage and you dump him next season, best case is he overperforms and you can either resign him or trade him. Brissett is a backup, Bailey probably doesn’t belong in the league so you need somebody to start, still
Mac Jones is a better QB than Fields. Why even bother?

The top LTs are still on the market, and they brought Onwenu back, so they have a chance to have their tackles in a decent spot pre-draft.

Kind of a lame solution if that happens. We’ll still not have a difference maker barring a rookie making instant impact.

If you aren’t getting Ridley, go for Tee/Williams/Aiyuk. Hell, someone.
You may not get the difference maker this year.

Jete fans were hoping for OL help. Poor bastards find out their QB is on the VP short list.
The Pats have a terrific opportunity to really stick it to the Rats.

Pats should swap 1sts with Rats for a boatload.

Then the Rats can pick a bust QB and the Pats can hit a grand slam and get their QB a bit later, plus the bonanza of other assets.

It wouldn’t have been possible if the Rats didn’t win their last game against the Pats.

Mac Jones is a better QB than Fields. Why even bother?
Because he’s not, QB numbers are similar, but Fields can also run, you have a guy who can do way more than Mac Ever could, and if it costs you a 5th and it’s designed to be a short term fix than what’s the actual risk?

Given the lack of WR options, but remaining OT options, a better path now would be to pay for a starting LT and shoot for the WR at #34-ish.

With Ridley most likely going back to the Jags, maybe the Pats trade for Zay Jones? I'm shooting low here I know.

I wonder if we could do a trade + pick swap like this. But who would we trade that anyone would be interested in? Judon is the only one I can think of.

I wonder if we could do a trade + pick swap like this. But who would we trade that anyone would be interested in? Judon is the only one I can think of.
You read my mind the time is now to trade Judon

Because he’s not, QB numbers are similar, but Fields can also run, you have a guy who can do way more than Mac Ever could, and if it costs you a 5th and it’s designed to be a short term fix than what’s the actual risk?
So trade a 5th for a RB that tries to play QB and has a 60% completeness rate?
And if he's so athletic why are his sack numbers double Mac's?
No thanks.

Michael Williams or Tee Higgins.
I wonder what type of draft compensation Mike Williams would go for. The chargers need to shed a lot of salary before tomorrow so maybe he won’t cost much. Same for Keenan Allen.

I would love Higgins for a second, if he cost more than that I’m not sure it’s a smart move this early into the rebuild.

Edit- Callahan at the Herald indicated he expects Williams or Allen would only cost a late round pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back