PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the Eagles believe the Pats WRs aren't as bad as advertised.
We thought so too apparently, when the Dolphins offered him to us.

Did we cut Parker or just say we intended to cut him?
The Pats intended to cut him tomorrow. That is what was announced. I've seen nothing that said he was already cut.. That's why I said we have to wait and see on the details.

The fact that schefter said that it was a 1yr deal worth 4.69M but with the Pats paying part of the guaranteed money is why things aren't clear.

The Pats were going to be responsible for paying 3.19M if he was cut. But that wouldn't be included in a "NEW 4.69M" deal.

I think he was traded and the deal restructured with him taking slightly (4.69M v 5M) less than he would have made but with the entire amount being guaranteed. This would mean they some of the Per game money into Salary and the guaranteed money into a one time Roster bonus.

But that is my speculation.

Parker to Eagles. I get he was unpopular here, but he's not that bad. Not surprised he latched on somewhere.

I'll always associate Parker with that final regular season game in 2019 when he randomly lit up DPOY Gilmore... 20% of all the yards Gilmore allowed that season came during that match-up. If they'd won that game they would have had a first round bye and probably played the Chiefs in the Divisional round at Foxborough.

I'll always associate Parker with that final regular season game in 2019 when he randomly lit up DPOY Gilmore... 20% of all the yards Gilmore allowed that season came during that match-up. If they'd won that game they would have had a first round bye and probably played the Chiefs in the Divisional round at Foxborough.
That game... I vividly remember.. we became so stagnant on offense elandon roberts had to play FB, the defense just couldn't show up that game.. just weird gilly was giving up sideline routes to Parker what happened to that guy?

Pioli put now Washington too in Ridley mix

Not sure if anyone noticed lol

After 14 years.

I am in THE STARTING LINEUP

I finally got compromising pictures of the Coach

Edit: I’m the Kicker. I beat out some stiff named Ryland

Last edited:
I thought it said he was cut yesterday
Would like the trade much better

I think he was going to be cut, but that can't be processed (or wouldn't be processed) until the new league year starts tomorrow. So maybe they were able to get something from Philly before that officially happened? We'll have to see.

PFT is saying the Pats are to pick up most of Parker's contract and the Eagles are on the hook for only 1.2M.

So, I think 1.2M is our off-setting cap credit amount...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back