PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even at his age I would love to add Keenan Allen. Gamble that he gets released as LAC gets under the cap and try to sign him to a deal similar to Hopkins.

Matt Judon has worked out pretty well for the Pats. But in general I agree, they tend to keep the guys they feel are core cogs.
Going back to their draft history in 2000, you couldn't even count 5 guys that left that hurt them after their departure. Juzychyck and Judon are probably the only players that have done very well post Ravens. But were they a must re-sign? No. Not sure how Orlando Brown is doing with the Bengals. Point is, they have a replacement for them.

I am surprised that there aren't even rumors about Danielle Hunter. He is arguably the best free agent left on the market. He was pretty much the best free agent when legal tampering opened. I haven't heard a whisper.

If I am Wolf I tell Ridley that my offer expires tomorrow at 3 PM which is an hour before Jacksonville can actually sign him to a new deal and not lose extra capital. After that time a new offer will be drafted.
Just to add on to this - I would also make it known in the media that it expires, so that the Jags also know that whatever value Ridley tells them that NE is offering him is no longer valid come Wednesday. So Ridley can't use NE's original offer as leverage on Jacksonville.

I am surprised that there aren't even rumors about Danielle Hunter. He is arguably the best free agent left on the market. He was pretty much the best free agent when legal tampering opened. I haven't heard a whisper.
Several high profile players with very little word going around. Hunter is probably at the top though.

Juzychyck and Judon are probably the only players that have done very well post Ravens. But were they a must re-sign?
They usually have a fairly good plan when letting people go. Aside from the two you mentioned, Za'Darius Smith also did quite well post-Ravens and Darren Waller became a Pro-Bowler after he was cut by the Ravens.

Think the only big-time free agent they lost that I think really hurt them was Adalius Thomas in 2007. Their league-leading D from 2006 took a big step back in 2007. Not that it was all because they lost Thomas, but they were not able to replace his production.

Dam he's like a Judon clone. :cool:

The team is currently no better than last year. I don't think we can just hang about desperately hoping for Ridley until Wednesday. Put our best offer on the table and give him until the end of today to accept. In the meantime, we could do with actually signing an impact free agent. Re-signing your own guys is all well and good but at some point it would be good to improve the team.

This doesn't currently look like a team that has cash to burn or is going to aggressively attack free agency like we were told.

I would hate to give up significant draft pick compensation for a WR. At some point you need to draft and hit on a young stud.

Even at his age I would love to add Keenan Allen. Gamble that he gets released as LAC gets under the cap and try to sign him to a deal similar to Hopkins.
On Rebuild 31 very soon to be 32 no thanks.

The team is currently no better than last year. I don't think we can just hang about desperately hoping for Ridley until Wednesday. Put our best offer on the table and give him until the end of today to accept. In the meantime, we could do with actually signing an impact free agent. Re-signing your own guys is all well and good but at some point it would be good to improve the team.

This doesn't currently look like a team that has cash to burn or is going to aggressively attack free agency like we were told.

I would hate to give up significant draft pick compensation for a WR. At some point you need to draft and hit on a young stud.
Who do you want them to sign?

Pats should be in on Hunter. Guy's a monster.

If not him, Armstrong.

They need a couple of A+ talents, and those, now, are on the D side of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back