PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd rather draft a TE

The two guys I wanted were Schultz and Sample. Both re-signed with their respective teams.

Good point, but a case can be made for any of those four players flaming out.... I mean Allen missed a year with an ACL tear in the past...Williams got hurt last year...Bosa is oft injured....and Mack has been so-so the last 5 years bouncing between teams...

But either Allen or Williams would be our #1 WR and either Bosa/Mack would seriously free up Judon a lot...Barmore too for that matter...
Brian Burns was my target.

I think the Pats want to see what they have with White at Edge which he played a lot last season. I still have hope for Uche. He would be an excellent fit in Pittsburgh.

Regarding the Chargers WR's - I watched a lot of Chargers games and Williams is pretty invisible when it matters most. Dropped some crucial passes. Allen is going to be 32 so he could be slowing down any minute. I'd rather take more swings in the draft for a WR. The team is not in position for a high priced WR right now.

I think Ridley will be Devante Parker with a bad attitude.
I know its early but when Gibson and Taki taki are your only external ufa signings, it sucks
Teams with far less cap soace are being much more agressive

Do pats always have to get bargains?

I know its early but when Gibson and Taki taki are your only external ufa signings, it sucks

Or you know, maybe they chose to go somewhere else. But agreed on Ridley.

Didn’t have many targets, is still young. I think there still some potential in there. Given how desperate we are, it’s a gamble I’ll take.

I don't feel that the Pats are desperate for TEs at all. They can bring back Pharaoh Brown and they still have Pettway and can draft someone.

They could also bring back Jakob Johnson as a FB/TE if they're looking for a blocker and he'd be an upgrade over what Gesicki brought in the blocking.

Brissett, Okorafor (not a UFA, but pretty much the same thing), Gibson...

More is coming, I'm sure.

Stop that cheap BB thinking it's hard to get something for nothing in Todays NFL.

I don't feel that the Pats are desperate for TEs at all. They can bring back Pharaoh Brown and they still have Pettway and can draft someone.

They could also bring back Jakob Johnson as a FB/TE if they're looking for a blocker and he'd be an upgrade over what Gesicki brought in the blocking.
None of those guys can really catch the ball. Also there is familiarity with van pelt.
And im all for drafting someone too.
Just think it would be a nice cheap option to have.

Queen to PIT is a pure spite signing, a la Larry David. Kinda respect it.

When the Ravens let a player go, there's a reason for it. Like the Pats, they rarely get burned on letting players walk.

Matt Judon has worked out pretty well for the Pats. But in general I agree, they tend to keep the guys they feel are core cogs.

My avatar should be your avatar.

Patience! But I feel you too, bro...

Ridley isn't coming here. He's staying in Jax. As long as Jax doesn't sign him PRIOR to the new year, they only have to send a 3rd back to Atlanta. If Ridley's contract went in today, They'd owe a 2nd round pick.
If I am Wolf I tell Ridley that my offer expires tomorrow at 3 PM which is an hour before Jacksonville can actually sign him to a new deal and not lose extra capital. After that time a new offer will be drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back