PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
At that point, we won't be looking at any part of the roster looking for upgrades.
Regardless of the number and talent level of the players added to the roster, this part of your post will never be true. Injuries, age and attitude are constantly eroding all NFL rosters. The Wolf pack's work is just starting if the team is to recover the ongoing excellence of the previous regime.

I'm on a Island but I think AVP and our new Coaching Staff could fix Fields.
Agree

Here are the "what ifs". What if Fields is better than one of the Holy Three we Draft at pick #3 when we could have stock piled some picks and get some blue chippers to start in 2024 rather than have a QB sit for a couple years. What if we get a top WR or OT and pick a QB like Penix or Rattler in the second to compete with Fields?
Fields is cheap right now.
DW Toys

It's very hard to get a #1 unless you Draft them but Ridley would be a Great # 2 like Edelman here. A really Good #2 can make it all work we are loaded with #3's and 4's not good enough.
I want nothing more than to finally get some good high end receivers
Ridley played 5 games in 2021 &2022 seasons.
He has major depression and anxiety
Full year suspension
I just think we need to be smart. Especially during a rebuild year
If can get a high end safe Receiver then Go for it. Even through a trade
Ridley Meh

No one else being in the mix...is a little disconcerting.
He said other teams have been involved - I'm guessing no other team made an offer as big as NE's. So now it's down to NE's big financial offer vs. staying where he is now and is comfortable in. He can try to leverage NE for more cash for an even bigger payment, or leverage Jacksonville to pay him a little more to stay where he is.

In reality I don't think Jacksonville is offering very much and he's just trying to squeeze NE to change something. My guess is they have stipulations in the deal for if he ****s around and he doesn't like it.

He said other teams have been involved - I'm guessing no other team made an offer as big as NE's. So now it's down to NE's big financial offer vs. staying where he is now and is comfortable in. He can try to leverage NE for more cash for an even bigger payment, or leverage Jacksonville to pay him a little more to stay where he is.

In reality I don't think Jacksonville is offering very much and he's just trying to squeeze NE to change something. My guess is they have stipulations in the deal for if he ****s around and he doesn't like it.
Do we need flashing lights and sirens to get our attention.?

Bail on Ridley now!!!

Is this going the best way for the Patriots ?...even if we win the auction , is Ridley here because he wants to be

Bail on Ridley now!!!
It's not a big deal, it's just how his agent does business. Different agents do it different ways. Thankfully we have a de facto GM who appears to know how to play the game.

I want nothing more than to finally get some good high end receivers
Ridley played 5 games in 2021 &2022 seasons.
He has major depression and anxiety
Full year suspension
I just think we need to be smart. Especially during a rebuild year
If can get a high end safe Receiver then Go for it. Even through a trade
Ridley Meh
I'll say this I'm leaning towards taking a WR @ 3 or Trading it and get a Nabers or Rome Odunze all have #1 Potential. We need an Elite WR pronto!

Bail on Ridley now!!!
Repeat after me it’s not our money.

If Higgins or Mike Williams could be had for a third they would be my preference.

Cousin,
Simple...Taxes. Massachusetts is a communist "progressive" state run by imbeciles. We can all agree on that.
Florida? Nyet on the Taxes.

DW Toys
Speak for yourself, Cousin.

On this subject, I will say that millionaires (as opposed to everyone else) are marginally better off in no-income-tax states - marginally, because there's no difference between making, say 20m/per and 22m/per. For these guys in the deeper end of the cash pool, the money is more about EGO than practicality.

Is this going the best way for the Patriots ?...even if we win the auction , is Ridley here because he wants to be
If they were worried about him being bought-in, they wouldn't be bidding. I am sure Wolf realizes it's just playing games right now. If they come to terms it will be water under the bridge.

Not sure how credible this account is but Williams would be welcomed.

Can we just go Fatboy style at the buffet....and say Yes?

I was just going to say something similar
There are probably some termination clauses in the contract that Ridley wants removed
That in itself scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back