PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy that Jacksonville is a better destination for FAs than NE these days. I dont blame him. Who in their right mind would prefer to be thrown the ball from Jacoby Brisset/Bailey Zappe/Draft Pick than Trevor Lawrence... and I don't even rate Lawrence very highly.
Doubt there's that much difference between:

Brissett / Maye-Daniels

and

Lawrence / Mac Jones

I'm not opposed to Fields. You just have to acknowledge him for what he is. He's a project. He hasn't been good. There are some tools, but not a good player right now.

If they don't want to use #3 or even #34 on a QB, I'm ok taking a flier on Fields. I'd prefer that they use a pick on a QB, but that's only if they actually want one of them. If they don't want to hitch their wagon to any of the QBs, I'm fine using the picks elsewhere (ideally trading back from #3 to build a pick stash we can use to move up for a QB in a future draft). In that case, a late round flier on Fields is fine by me to compete with Brissett and MAYBE end up proving himself as an option moving forward.

Contract status is tricky though.

Nothing you can do about that. I doubt JAX re-signs him because it'll cost them their 2nd Rd pick.

Not sure we want this guy.
Yeah I think most people don't realize that if JAX extends him then they have to send a 2nd rounder to Atlanta. That's steep, so any extension will be discounted to reflect the additional cost. I have to imagine that the Jags are not in the same monetary ballpark as NE.

The tweet from Schefter is the type of thing that translates to "New England is my highest bidder, but something about the deal (guarantees, AAV, years, stipulations) isn't quite what I wanted, so I am gonna go sign with this other team. I mean it, I'm really gonna do it! Don't let me do it, New England.....!"

Usually when these "player X is tied to team Y but actually he prefers team Z" tweets come out, an announcement that he's signed with team Y after all comes out a few hours later.

I am going out on a limb and say IF we Don't land Calvin Ridley @ #3 we are taking MH Jr. Wolf have been in Green Bay they don't pass on potential Elite WR's. :cool:

I am going out on a limb and say IF we Don't land Calvin Ridley @ #3 we are taking MH Jr. Wolf have been in Green Bay they don't pass on potential Elite WR's. :cool:

You don't sign Jacoby Brissett to not take a QB with pick 3.

As much as I would like them to do just that - I don't think they will.

Crazy that Jacksonville is a better destination for FAs than NE these days. I dont blame him. Who in their right mind would prefer to be thrown the ball from Jacoby Brisset/Bailey Zappe/Draft Pick than Trevor Lawrence... and I don't even rate Lawrence very highly.
Can't blame him to be honest. State taxes, better offense, better QB, and closer to winning

You have been on one all offseason. You seem dead set on the wrongest takes possible

Trevor Lawrence….

AND

Mac Jones, for the win!

I like the use of quotes here:

Same. Makes you wonder if the source is actually just Calvin Ridley saying they need to come with a huge bag. And even if somehow they do pony up, do you really want him if he actually wanted to be somewhere else? Yeah, he'll probably get over it, but are you getting 90% effort for the next 3-4 years?

Not sure how credible this account is but Williams would be welcomed.

Not sure how credible this account is but Williams would be welcomed.

I saw that one earlier. While the Chargers do need to make moves, that smells like a leak from the Patriots to show everyone we're 'in on' all the people.

And we complain.

By popular request, combining the Brian Burns, Bryce Young, and Christian McCaffrey trades:

the Panthers traded:
+ 2024 1.01 or QB Caleb Williams
+ RB Christian McCaffrey
+ WR D.J. Moore
+ 2023 Round 1 pick (top-10)
+ 2023 Round 2 pick
+ 2024 Round 1 pick
+ 2025 Round 1 pick

in exchange for:
+ 1-year rental of Brian Burns
+ Bryce Young [5'10"]
+ OLB D.J. Johnson [PFF's 125th highest-graded EDGE]
+ 2 Round 5 picks

You have been on one all offseason. You seem dead set on the wrongest takes possible
We ain't winning or helping our Defense with all those #3 WR's we currently have Ridley is a Legitimate #2 Tee Higgins ceiling is a #1 either would make our Pathetic WR core much better. IF Calvin Ridley signs back with Jags we are Trading for Higgins that's the next best move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST