PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Others have said this before, but I think both the WR and LT markets are waiting for the big guns (Smith, Ridley) to get their deals, and that'll set the market for all the deals for other WRs and LTs to fall into place behind them. Kind of like we saw with the guard market yesterday and the QBs after Cousins got his deal.

Have to wonder if this helps us if we are serious about signing a tackle and wr. The longer the olayers have to wait without someone signing a huge deal the better

A weird sentiment, given a lot of big names haven't signed anywhere else yet either. If the Patriots were some kind of anomaly here, surely these complaining players would already have deals with the "nice" teams.

A weird sentiment, given a lot of big names haven't signed anywhere else yet either. If the Patriots were some kind of anomaly here, surely these complaining players would already have deals with the "nice" teams.
My guess this is existing players.

Maybe Mack Wilson’s Camp.

My guess this is existing players.

Maybe Mack Wilson’s Camp.

And if that's the case, I'm fine with it. Mack came on towards the end of last year, I like him, but they've resigned most of the players that I thought were most important from last year (Henry, Bourne, Onwenu). I'd like Jennings and Peppers back if possible as well. But if they lose Wilson and Uche, I don't think anyone should be concerned that they didn't overextend for those players.

Considering that Ridley’s agent has resorted to leaking interest from a nonexistent “darkhorse” team, it sure looks like the Pats are offering the most money to free agents but they still want more on top of that.

And if that's the case, I'm fine with it. Mack came on towards the end of last year, I like him, but they've resigned most of the players that I thought were most important from last year (Henry, Bourne, Onwenu). I'd like Jennings and Peppers back if possible as well. But if they lose Wilson and Uche, I don't think anyone should be concerned that they didn't overextend for those players.

Peppers isn't a free agent.

The LT market was garbage this year. Trent Brown and Tyron Smith don't change that. Smith isn't a "Big Gun". He's the "We're absolutely desperate" option.
You say tomato, I say big gun. :rofl:

I'd much rather have MHJ or Odunze for Brissette to throw to than having a Rookie QB, Ridley and one of those.
So what do we do next year then. In the same boat without the #3 pick likely. We have a shot at a potential franchise QB, which everyone says you have to have to win, and we’re gonna pass on that. Im truly asking, not trying to be an *** here.

The LT market was garbage this year. Trent Brown and Tyron Smith don't change that. Smith isn't a "Big Gun". He's the "We're absolutely desperate" option.
DB: Brown and Onwenu on the Strong Side with our TE would be solid he's still a Mountain of a Man.

Because the LT market gets much worse after him and Brown.

I wasn’t happy with Brown’s attitude last season. Keeping isn’t ideal, but there are no ideal options. Since the coaches he had a problem with are gone, I’d try to mend fences and re-sign him. I doubt he gets much money considering his history. He’s a solid left tackle when he makes the effort. Maybe add some incentives.

not easy to negiotate with Mr Wolf

harvey keitel winston wolf GIF

Of course Wolf is playing hardball. If he screws up, he's not named GM after a farce of interviews in May. This is not surprising to me. The whole You're New and The Coach Said You Have Cash To Burn narrative smacks of the agents are surprised the guy knows what he's doing. Truthfully, who the hell is he supposed to be throwing money at? The FA class is meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents