PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 2/3

Imagine if the pats took a kicker there the meltdown here would have shattered the earth's core
5th round is coming up. Justin "right wing weirdo" Rohwasser here we come!

If he is a Dugger clone it makes sense because we don’t ever sign players to second contracts.
Yeah! Especially Safeties! Like those bums McCourty and Harrison. One and dones. And it's SO clear that Duggar's out the door, he's been absolutely terrible!

What's it like to be a fan of a team you clearly don't watch?

Ship has prob sailed but at this point only way they acquire JJ or Hop is via next years draft assets.

I
first three picks...defense...didn't expect this
Little Billy is rubbing it in Mac’s face. No LT—Trent Brown needs to be moved to RT—and no playmaker receiver. Ouch.

But the Belichick boys will sure look good. I guess that’s the plan.

This pick at 76 is horrendous. And we have FOUR picks in the next round tomorrow. Unbelievable.

Any one else left with a bad taste in his mouth?

Daniel Jeremiah just said that Mapu was his favorite player in the draft. Said he was overlooked and was dealing with a little injury, but someone was going to get an absolute STEAL with him. Safety/Linebacker...blitzes, covers, speed to burn.

Listed #73.

Another crazy night. Looking forward to seeing how tomorrow goes given what we've seen so far. :cool:

I

Little Billy is rubbing it in Mac’s face. No LT—Trent Brown needs to be moved to RT—and no playmaker receiver. Ouch.

This pick at 76 is horrendous. And we have FOUR picks in the next round tomorrow. Unbelievable.

No 3 of my favorite receivers are still available.
Jeudy may not be in the cards afterall but we will see.

Is that UNC WR still available?

I like the first two picks. Mapu over Downs seems like it would come back to bite the Pats.

Shocked they didn’t trade up at all on day two. The Pats have 9 picks tomorrow and there is no way they make all those.

There is still a lot of developmental OT left for the 4th round. A couple receivers would be a good fit in the 4th as well.

I

They better hope Thornton takes a huge second-year leap. Maybe BoB will use him properly...but that's asking a lot.

I still don't know who plays LT. It's baffling. Is BB hoping to pick someone off the scrap heap?

But, hey, the D will be a lot better next year..

I don't get the latest two picks. They're nice-to-have players and all but they don't fit a dire need. One of them should have been used on an offensive player.

Guessing they'll combine two 4ths into one mid 3rd, and then later combine two 6ths into one mid 5th. Then they'll have one 1st, one 2nd, two 3rds, two 4ths, one 5th, two 6ths and one 7th (ten overall picks, six in first four rounds).
That is my hope as well.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back