PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Throwing sh*t at the wall method at OT is not something they should be doing after last season IMO.

That's a Ron Borges/Ben Volin take. Seriously. Its not even the official; signing period. FFS. You're complaining like the chicken f'in littles.

Johnson initially peaked my interest as a potential McCourty replacement. Excellent three cone (6.72), which indicates high level change of direction abilitiy but with 4.6 speed I doubt that he could play the single high role.
Mills 40 time is similar that is why I keep saying he is not a single high safety either.

I can see the case for making a move for Jackson. I think the Daniel Jones nyg situation this year is a good comp for where the Patriots will be with Mac in near future. Two 1st for a 26 yr old franchise QB even with the crazy guarantee money won't look so crazy when Mac is looking for 40+ mil. Sign Orlando Brown in FA makes up for missing the T in 2023 draft. Trade Mac for draft capital and will feel just like a bill b. Trade down.

Golladay anyone?

(ducks)

What happened to the chatter about bringing in a guy "the other team has to gameplan for" - guess all false rumors.

Unless Smith-Schuster is viewed by BB as that guy... which means yet another year of no WR1 if we are being honest. Of the "names" left:

Hopkins - could be the WR1 for another year, maybe 2 but is expensive
Jeudy - could be that guy in the right situation, but trade price is too high
OBJ - was that guy years ago and is now too expensive anyway
Draft - doesn't seem to ever happen for us with WR1

I’m behind. Is Tampa dead set on keeping both Evans and Godwin?

What happened to the chatter about bringing in a guy "the other team has to gameplan for" - guess all false rumors.

Unless Smith-Schuster is viewed by BB as that guy... which means yet another year of no WR1 if we are being honest. Of the "names" left:

Hopkins - could be the WR1 for another year, maybe 2 but is expensive
Jeudy - could be that guy in the right situation, but trade price is too high
OBJ - was that guy years ago and is now too expensive anyway
Draft - doesn't seem to ever happen for us with WR1

OBJ is toast. Hopkins will not work with BOB. Is 1 year of Jeudy better than 4 years from the draft? There are really no great answers out there.

These things are never, ever wrong. Gesicki to the Pats. Book it.

Some guy on Twitter also announced this signing so it must be true.

Honestly though, he’d be an upgrade from Jonnu at a much lower price.

Wasn’t it Sanu where we all got duped into thinking he was coming here back in like 2016 based on Twitter follows? (years before he was traded here)

Some guy on Twitter also announced this signing so it must be true.

Honestly though, he’d be an upgrade from Jonnu at a much lower price.
Easy to forget that Jonnu actually never truly produced highly before coming here either. He just caught a lot of touchdowns one season. Never cracked 500 yards.

Gesicki had done so three seasons in a row before this year.

I mean, Mac’s previous two follows were two guys the Pats signed - Calvin Anderson and Juju. So…
Let’s go I’ve been clamoring for Gesecki since he was in college!
Now let’s get a number 1 receiver come on im ready for the Jeudy trade.
Patriots have had a solid free agency thus far!
Got my number 1 TE target got a very good number 2 wr got O line depth and if the morrow signing happens got faster at linebacker.

Now we just need an impact defender or a number 1.
I hope we keep and extend Uche but a number 1 receiver is everything in this league and I’m looking at Jeudy or Higgins or a receiver in the first.

I mean, Mac’s previous two follows were two guys the Pats signed - Calvin Anderson and Juju. So…
Can't someone with twitter here just go to Mac's page and confirm this?

I'm not on there, someone...?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back