PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Now get Jaxon with the first pick and we're talking.

Why?

Rodgers just confirmed the Jets are the only place he's considering, so GB doesn't have any other options other than make a deal with NYJ.

Before Rodgers confirmed it, we could picture other teams being a possible destination, now that's gone.

And it's not like he can come back to GB after he's said he's out.

Not a good sign for the Patriots to sign Darius Slay or re-sign Harris. I don't buy too much into social media to tell what a player is thinking, but Slay is pretty up front.

This seems like a wash Meyers out Juju in. I'd say based on 2018 juju has a slightly higher ceiling. But you knew Meyers works here.

Still need more but this is an ok start.

Welp, we need to sign Orlando Brown at this point, because Jalen Carter just busted at his Pro Day, and we're taking him at #14.

Come on down big fella, and now try to stop Barmore, Carter, Wise, Uche and Judon. I dare ya!

Not a good sign for the Patriots to sign Darius Slay or re-sign Harris. I don't buy too much into social media to tell what a player is thinking, but Slay is pretty up front.

I won't even begin to pretend that I have a clue what that first embed tweet means or why it has anything to do with Damian Harris.

This basically confirms the Patriots did not want Meyers, not the other way around. Guessing they did not offer him much money and he had to leave to get paid.
True, but by that same logic JJSS had to leave KC to get paid too.

From ESPN :

The departure in free agency of Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders was tied to New England's pursuit of Smith-Schuster; the Patriots didn't make a strong push to retain Meyers and now land Smith-Schuster for similar overall financial terms to what Meyers agreed to in Las Vegas.

I won't even begin to pretend that I have a clue what that first embed tweet means or why it has anything to do with Damian Harris.
Original tweet talks about Darren Waller (who was traded from the Raiders to the Giants) being upset that Josh McDaniels "leaked" his marriage to the press at the combine, apparently. Quandre Diggs replies to it saying "Patriot Way" bashing Josh McDaniels (how would Quandre Diggs know...?) and then Darius Slay jumped on it bashing it as well, basically saying "yeah I dealt with the same thing with Matt Patricia and people thought I was the jerk." Damien Harris then re-tweeted Slay, which could mean any number of things - either that Harris isn't a fan of how some things are done in New England, or that he didn't like either Josh McDaniels or Matt Patricia.

Original tweet talks about Darren Waller (who was traded from the Raiders to the Giants) being upset that Josh McDaniels "leaked" his marriage to the press at the combine, apparently. Quandre Diggs replies to it saying "Patriot Way" bashing Josh McDaniels (how would Quandre Diggs know...?) and then Darius Slay jumped on it bashing it as well, basically saying "yeah I dealt with the same thing with Matt Patricia and people thought I was the jerk." Damien Harris then re-tweeted Slay, which could mean any number of things - either that Harris isn't a fan of how some things are done in New England, or that he didn't like either Josh McDaniels or Matt Patricia.

Yeah, you can clearly read into how Slay feels about going to the Patriots. It is less clear about Harris.

I can agree but I think the Buyer is always at mercy of the seller.
What do you see the compensation ending up?
I think it’s 1000 percent Mims is involved and a mid round I’m sticking to that.
I think it’s a first. If it’s less than that then the Pack got fleeced.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back