PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

That would be so hyped.

Gronk already enquired about coming back in Nov but stupid Bucs were lukewarm to it. So he's interested. I just can't see Gronk staying retired if Brady goes to LV or 49rs. It's also a perfect situation for him.
SF is perfect for him. he wouldn’t even have to take many hits either

and things may change but Mahomes hasn’t been good in either SB he’s played in. better not make it 3 in a row two weeks from now

2020/2021 were not declining seasons but ok
Technically no. But watching his hilights from his younger years before let's say 40, man could he move around the pocket, his throws were so effortless, and his spirals were crisp and sharp with hardly any wobble. That's what I'm comparing Brady now to.

SF is perfect for him. he wouldn’t even have to take many hits either
Yeah, it was frustrating in Gronks last years in NE being double and triple teamed and taking lots of hits. He'll have lots of one on one and against lower skilled defenders.

let’s see how dumb SF is. do they waste their talented roster once again?

Brady is keeping me hooked on the NFL. You guys are a great bunch but I need to move on.

Brady just needs to go SF. Add to his TDs and Yards to protect it against Mahomes and Herbert in case they play into their 40s. Bring Gronk back to remind everyone that he's the real TE Goat over Kelce, and get more records with Gronk. Then have a fairy tale ending by retiring into the sunset after winning a SB with his childhood team.

It’s been nearly two years and I still can’t get over the PRAISE Mahomes got in that Super Bowl loss for stuff like “the most amazing incomplete pass of all time.” Like…good lord. He SUCKED.

It’s been nearly two years and I still can’t get over the PRAISE Mahomes got in that Super Bowl loss for stuff like “the most amazing incomplete pass of all time.” Like…good lord. He SUCKED.
exactly. doesn’t matter if he ****s the bed like that again against PHI. it will never, ever be his fault

a big question will be do the refs let KC OL hold all game? because that PHI pass rush will get to him multiple times if the OL isn’t allowed to hold

Not for nothing but that embarrassing Mahomes fumble the other night totally shifted the momentum and led to the Bengals tying the score. Then the refs took over and the rest is history.

Need a QB with elite pocket awareness. I might know a guy.
I
Mahomes is great but he gets the Peyton Manning treatment bigtime. The media desperately wanted Peyton to surpass Brady and he never came close. He even finished out his career being the weak link of a championship team and hawking Budweiser.

The Chiefs get pulverized by Brady's Bucs and yet we have to hear about Mahomes' epic pass attempts (that fell incomplete). Watch the media go absolutely crazy over Mahomes if he wins this Super Bowl. Trust me there will be GOAT talk by some. As ridiculous as that sounds.
Quick question? What happens if he loses? I guess it will depend on how he loses! If he loses in a very close game his ballwashers would still spin it to how he needs more help etc

Some red meat for the loyalists:

let’s just say Mahomes SOMEHOW wins 5 or 6 rings (which is ridiculous considering the most is 4 other than Brady)

that’s still not 7. AND the argument to end things is Brady beat him in the AFCCG and SB. I don’t give a damn if he finishes with the most yards or TDs or wins more MVPs than Manning either
Agreed. What "helps" Mahomes is that he's a TikTok era QB and hypothetically winning 4-5 rings (highly doubt it) would occur entirely in the age of social media where everything is significantly amplified; particularly to dumb people, and especially the loudest people, which often entail 15-20 year olds who didn't even start to watch or understand football by the time Brady won 3 rings and set records in 2007, 2010 and other moments scattered throughout those years.

It's really a shame that the media needs to get paid because Mahomes as a player is no problem for me. He is clearly the best and he's not some dip ****. It's the *********** wagon media people who seem to multiply every year. They need the NFL to get paid so they will talk about things that make no sense. Mahomes is no where near Tom Brady. It's not even close in terms of legacy. There is no conversation to be had and he would tell you the same thing if you asked him. He is the best player in the world right now though. This SB is going to be awful. I hate Philly, but I can't listen to the media if Mahomes wins. It will be bad even if he loses.

Last edited:
It's really a shame that the media needs to get paid because Mahomes as a player is no problem for me. He is clearly the best and he's not some dip ****. It's the *********** wagon media people who seem to multiply every year. They need the NFL to get paid so they will talk about things that make no sense. Mahomes is no where near Tom Brady. It's not even close in terms of legacy. There is no conversation to be had and he would tell you the same thing if you asked him. He is the best player in the world right now though. This SB is going to be awful. I hate Philly, but I can't listen to the media if Mahomes wins. It will be bad even if he loses.
No one is getting anywhere close to 7 SB wins or his postseason wins total either. His regular seasons stats may be challenged but even that is a long shot especially if Brady plays another couple of seasons.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back