PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

And we leave with one overarching hope and that is that Chasen Hines dies NOT beat out Coke Strange for starting RG!!

Honestly Justyn Ross if he was healthy and had a proper QB play, he'd be top 64 pick. If his medicals have checked out, i have no idea why he wasn't drafted.
While the 4.64 is fine, my guess is that the 1.76 10 yd split is glaring and scaring people away. He was dealing with a foot injury, so I hope people took that into account. Cole Strange's 10yd split was 1.71. 31.5" VJ and 9'8" Broad are poor. On paper he's worse than Slade - at least his 10yd split was 1.52 (same as Edelman). Does this mean he can't be a great player? Of course not (just looking at highlights), but I'm hoping he gets an opportunity despite all his medical setbacks (spinal thing - foot surgery recently).

Pats have to be the favorite for Jobe, no?

Austin had a top five three-cone time. I’d love him as well.

Dixon is another.

And we leave with one overarching hope and that is that Chasen Hines dies NOT beat out Coke Strange for starting RG!!
I couldn't care less about who ends up being the left guard as long as he's better than Karras. I care not at all about claims of opportunity cost loss when drafting, I care that the team improves.

Well I didn't expect 2 RB's and QB, but getting some solid OL depth and speed at WR and CB was a good thing.

Those people may have been watching the Patriots draft lately. If they have been, it would certainly be understandable that they might think they could draft better than that 6x sb winning coach.
Their real problem is that they forget that drafting is a means to the end of winning, and think drafting well is more important than winning Lombardis.

Will be interesting to see which Jones's have what letters on their backs....
Mac might have to literally have the entirety of “MAC JONES” on his nameplate considering him and Marcus Jones would share ”M. JONES” and even “MA. JONES”

200.webp

Mac might have to literally have the entirety of “MAC JONES” on his nameplate considering him and Marcus Jones would share ”M. JONES” and even “MA. JONES”
Won't they just say 'Jones'? Like when Kyle Brady was here?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back