PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft - Day 3 Discussion Thread

Rookie rbs typically sit the first year for us. So this may be Michel leaves after 21 and Stevenson steps in.
Ridley, vereen, white, harris all barely saw the field as rookies.
Yes, and White is leaving too, probably.

I think Stevenson might get some reps this year, but he's likely inactive a lot.

Any WR we are drafting now won't see the field next year. We are going to live in 12 personnel and I doubt anyone is breaking the top 3 of Agholor, Bourne, Meyers/Harry. We mostly keep 5 receivers, so there's a doubt one would even make the 53 with Gunner.

Bill loves Bolden. This effects Sony more
Probably just means that they aren't picking up the 5th year option.

There are a few knocks on Stevenson. 1 year starter. Not a lot of receiving experience. Not known for his pass blocking.

I expect that Stevenson will have a red-shirt year like Harris did and will be working on the pass blocking and receiving.
I see him and Harris being deadly in short-yardage provided Cam learns to hand the ball off.

Lasted for probably the same reason Perkins lasted, the failed drug test......

As I understand it the NFL no longer punishes players for the use of M...

So no biggie..

Any WR we are drafting now won't see the field next year. We are going to live in 12 personnel and I doubt anyone is breaking the top 3 of Agholor, Bourne, Meyers/Harry. We mostly keep 5 receivers, so there's a doubt one would even make the 53 with Gunner.
I think the roster spot for a rookie WR would be Harry's. I don't see us keeping both Harry and a rookie, but I also wouldn't let Harry's presence keep me from adding a WR.

Bill loves Bolden. This effects Sony more

There are a few knocks on Stevenson. 1 year starter. Not a lot of receiving experience. Not known for his pass blocking.

I expect that Stevenson will have a red-shirt year like Harris did and will be working on the pass blocking and receiving.
I see him and Harris being deadly in short-yardage provided Cam learns to hand the ball off.
Dont forget jj taylor
Taylor is likely practice squad bound..

I am sure that group will scare a lot of teams. We might have the worse set of wideouts in the afc east.

Really good group.

Knowing our history with rookie RB’s (minus Michel) I would guess we don’t see much of Stevenson this year.

Which is okay. A lot of depth back there.

Interesting choice. Doesn’t seem to fill a need as he doesn’t fit that James White mold. Seems like they’re prepared to move on from Sony soon. I love this draft though, I like all of the guys they’ve drafted.
I agree with you, both white and sony are much smaller. Since i know nothing about this new rb do to his size i would think hes not as nimble as white or michel. Hes a power back.

Supposedly Stevenson played last year at 246 for Oklahoma. He clocked in at 231 for his Pro-Day. It will be interesting to see where the Pats want him.

Taylor is likely practice squad bound..
He'll be active for his share of games.
Not all of them, but he'll get his share.
(Taylor)

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back