PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft - Day 3 Discussion Thread

I know Bolden plays ST and is cheap but I wonder if his spot is in jeopardy now.

Not 100% sure but I think Lazar was mentioning him a few weeks back

I like the pick. The Blount comparison is a nice one. If he can protect and catch he'll be a nice piece... Envisioning a 2-TE pony package with Harris and Stevenson flanking Mac, and Meyers motioning, who we know can also pass...

Stevenson is a specimen. Good pick. Sony is probably on the outside looking in at this point for reps

A Patriot hater actually giving us some credit....

The NFL is not paying attention to us. This team has perform some solid work here and I can't wait to see how we will compete. AFCE is also going to be interesting. I am hoping BB pressures the hell out of these young QBs and scare them for life.

Because White is ancient for a RB, Sony has a bad knee, and Harris needs to be spelled from time to time. I mocked Stevenson to us in a bunch of mocks I did and advocated for him in the mid rounds as a Blount replacement. Happy with the pick.
Whenever I got to the 4th in my mocks, it was him to Herbert - I wanted him, but kept thinking that he wasn't the kind of back the Pats have been drafting for the last few years. I love this pick.

So, BB to keep drafting through all the rounds or will he combine some picks now ??

The NFL is not paying attention to us. This team has perform some solid work here and I can't wait to see how we will compete. AFCE is also going to be interesting. I am hoping BB pressures the hell out of these young QBs and scare them for life.
You meant SCAR them for life, I'm sure. :)

Bill loves Bolden. This effects Sony more
I feel like it'll be a redshirt year anyway. Especially if they want him to ultimately pass-protect. Takes time to learn that role in the offense. As others said, he could kind of fulfill the James White role even though he's obviously built very differently. Let him study for a year before White leaves next year.

Wonder if it's possible Sony misses the cut and Bolden takes his snaps. Bolden is at least OK, and they have Taylor. Have a hard time imagining them carrying 6+ backs (Harris/Michel/White/Taylor/Bolden/Stevenson)

Stevenson is a specimen. Good pick. Sony is probably on the outside looking in at this point for reps
Rookie rbs typically sit the first year for us. So this may be Michel leaves after 21 and Stevenson steps in.
Ridley, vereen, white, harris all barely saw the field as rookies.

Really good group.

@KontradictioN if you are telling the truth about calling this one, well done! (Now, about your stock picks...)

What a terrific compliment to Harris and White. And Michel if the knee hangs in there. Each of these four backs requires completely different scheming.
Dont forget jj taylor

Is he comparable at all to Derrick Henry (6-3 238/247)?

Stevenson feels like one of these guys who gets devalued in the modern day NFL, that BB hoovers up. Big early down powerhouse when everyone else is looking for shifty 3rd down backs.

If Cam can play some mistake free football, I do think that this team will be tough to beat. Certainly getting back to being physical on both sides of the ball - run the ball, big plays off play action in two TE sets, stop the run and unleash the pass rush on 3rd down.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back