PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2017 UDFA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! Why is that? Especially if they offer more at their true position...which I'm sure they do. Bolden will never see touches in the back field again.

For Belichick, Special Teams IS A TRUE POSITION. On my list, I even have locks at these positions: Slater, Ebner, King and J Jones. We usually carry 5-7 of these players who are emergency players (at best) at their listed positions.

For example, would I think that an UDFA might beat out Slater because he could be our 6th WR? Of course not.

For Belichick, Special Teams IS A TRUE POSITION. On my list, I even have locks at these positions: Slater, Ebner, King and J Jones. We usually carry 5-7 of these players who are emergency players (at best) at their listed positions.
My point was, there more than a few UDFA's who offer more at their TRUE position, and offer great special teams value as well...hence a previous post of yours regarding not wanting to expand roster size because it would be a detriment to the Pats because they have players who play multiple positions...Bolden flies right in the face of that theory.

I agree, but his trouble has nothing to do with UDFA's. None would beat him out for his position as a special teamer.

MG - You might want to familiarize yourself with the UDFA signings.. Most of them the non-OL ones were playing special teams. And they weren't just playing, they were the best on their respective teams.. Bolden could easily be done with the players the Pats have added.. Let's not act like Bolden can't be replaced on STs because he can. It's just a matter of who will do it. Langi. Thompson. Hollister. Wise. Burkhead.

Brandon King is less likely than Bolden to lose his job, but he's still going to be in a dogfight with the Jones, Thompson, Thomas, and Travis coming in. Same with Jordan Richards.

Geneo Grissom's roster spot certainly isn't a lock. Neither is Jonathan Freeny's.

Let's not forget that for quite some time, BB had starters like Vrabel, Bruschi, and Harrison out on Special Teams regularly. So, I could see Burkhead out there. Especially if Gillislee ends up as the top dog..

MG - You might want to familiarize yourself with the UDFA signings.. Most of them the non-OL ones were playing special teams. And they weren't just playing, they were the best on their respective teams.. Bolden could easily be done with the players the Pats have added.. Let's not act like Bolden can't be replaced on STs because he can. It's just a matter of who will do it. Langi. Thompson. Hollister. Wise. Burkhead.

Brandon King is less likely than Bolden to lose his job, but he's still going to be in a dogfight with the Jones, Thompson, Thomas, and Travis coming in. Same with Jordan Richards.

Geneo Grissom's roster spot certainly isn't a lock. Neither is Jonathan Freeny's.

Let's not forget that for quite some time, BB had starters like Vrabel, Bruschi, and Harrison out on Special Teams regularly. So, I could see Burkhead out there. Especially if Gillislee ends up as the top dog..
Thank you sir. I'm not looking to battle with anyone after a day like today. I'm still walking on cloud nine!

So, right now the Pats just have 3 QBs on the roster.. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add another.

Also, any confirmation on Pyke? I noticed NESN doesn't have him on their list..

I'll take one Butler to go, please. I'm not greedy, just one will suffice.

So, right now the Pats just have 3 QBs on the roster.. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add another.

Also, any confirmation on Pyke? I noticed NESN doesn't have him on their list..
Did Knight sign with anyone, yet?
For some reason he strikes me as a fit.

Not sure about confirmation on Pyke, though.

Did Knight sign with anyone, yet?
For some reason he strikes me as a fit.

Not sure about confirmation on Pyke, though.

You need to be more specific when you say "Knight". Do you mean Trevor Knight out of Texas A&M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes