PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2017 UDFA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are amazing. I love all of these entries.

More to the point: LeShun Daniels is a no-nonsense downhill runner with good vision and excellent power through contact. He and Carson were my favorite late round power backs. If we hadn't signed two RBs already, I would venture to predict that he might even win the starting job. I like him a lot. Not the fastest, but very compact and effecient as a runner.

Height: 5107
Weight: 222
40 Yrd Dash: 4.57
20 Yrd Dash: 2.64
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.45
3-Cone Drill: 7.28

Also, I'm slightly surprised by Greg Pyke. I went back and forth about adding him to my list. Liked him on the field at Georgia, and he has good size, but the 20 inch vertical was a big turn off for me. That's historically bad, and doesn't bode well for our usual OL prospects. Still, he brings an element of nasty that is sometimes missing from our run game. I'd like to see him stick around on the PS.

Seems to run like Perine. Great cutback ability too.

No idea how Daniels could make the team but I think I found my UDFA binky. This kid can play.

That is genius. Grew on me. And now I feel like I've completely wasted my last few months. So depressed now.

Well I've accomplished what I set out to do today.

Seriously though, we all read what you write on this topic, even if Bill doesn't would never admit it.

Who would name their kid FISH ????

Have you seen some of the other names in this draft? I'm pretty sure there was a nationwide drinking game about 20 years ago, and a lot of people lost some name bets along with their virginity.

"Dare? Ok. I dare you to name your first/next kid Umfalaulumaspirinalumve!"

And yet...despite the crowded roster, would it be shocking for Langi, Augusta, Thompson and one of the OGs to all make it? No roster is really "full," it seems.
It would surprise me if an UDFA OG
makes the team. A free agent guard or center (or two) is much, much more likely.

Last edited:
Why NU's Austin Carr could be CFB's best slot receiver | PFF

3 REASONS NORTHWESTERN’S AUSTIN CARR COULD BE CFB’S BEST SLOT RECEIVER

With eight catches on 14 targets for 158 yards, Northwestern WR Austin Carr burst onto the national scene with his monster game against the Buckeyes last Saturday, but the fact of the matter is he’s been producing all season. He has at least five catches in all eight games this year (58 total), and has racked up 849 yards and nine touchdowns. He now holds an overall grade of 89.9, which gives him the highest grade of any receiver in the country...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes