PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2013 Patriots Training Camp Thread

You are the one who chimed in with a combative nature.

Disagreeing with you is combative? Christ, I thought my wife was oversensitive.

As for the final roster, your definitive comment .... pot, kettle, black.

I have a gift for being overly subtle. The point isn't that I actually think Niko, Cole and Tebow are going to make the roster, it's that your prophetic skills are doomed to fail you when it comes to this team. How many seasons have you tried to guess the final roster and been 100% sure someone will be on it or cut only to be proven wrong?

There will always be surprises and any of the players on our team are here for a reason that is more well thought out and analyzed than any idea of cutting them being a 'formality' can ever encompass.

In other words, you're obviously free to project whoever you want on or off the team but you're doomed to look dumb the way you're going about it because nobody ever guesses what the heck this team will do.

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
Imagine if the #Patriots cut Alfonzo Dennard and all the reports about tearing it up with another team came out today.. fans would flip out

Agreed, but it makes me more vexed over his moronic conduct that will cost him games played

I have a gift for being overly subtle. The point isn't that I actually think Niko, Cole and Tebow are going to make the roster, it's that your prophetic skills are doomed to fail you when it comes to this team. How many seasons have you tried to guess the final roster and been 100% sure someone will be on it or cut only to be proven wrong?

There will always be surprises and any of the players on our team are here for a reason that is more well thought out and analyzed than any idea of cutting them being a 'formality' can ever encompass.

In other words, you're obviously free to project whoever you want on or off the team but you're doomed to look dumb the way you're going about it because nobody ever guesses what the heck this team will do.
One word:

Hypocrite

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
Imagine if the #Patriots cut Alfonzo Dennard and all the reports about tearing it up with another team came out today.. fans would flip out

Agreed, but it makes me more vexed over his moronic conduct that will cost him games played

I completely avoided that thread. I look forward to Mr. Dennard shoring up the defensive backfield this season.

And just on that Tebow thing, there's always this:

https://twitter.com/Schottey/status/361146467269885953

At least Tebow's only our 3rd stringer :)

Something else to consider is that it's the 2nd freaking day of TC. :)

New England Patriots training camp 2013: Aaron Dobson breaks out during 2nd day | masslive.com

Brady had a mixed performance. He appeared locked in on a handful of passes, but struggled when throwing deep. He was 9 for 17 in 11-on-11s.

Let things play out for a while and see what happens.

Something else to consider is that it's the 2nd freaking day of TC. :) ....Let things play out for a while and see what happens.

Patriots season doesn't really get going until BB hypes someone up and then cuts him the next day. Until then, it's going to be almost all puppies, rainbows and unicorns around here.

One word:

Hypocrite

You keep calling me a hypocrite and saying pot/kettle/black like it is some sort of master stroke.

If you can let me know how I'm being a hypocrite here, that would be great mostly because I cherish our interactions and don't want them to end.

Is it because I called you oversensitive? I mean I do like sunset and I'm a sucker for a RomCom so maybe I need to deal with the man in the mirror on the over-sensitivity topic.

Re: Re: Official 2013 Patriots Training Camp Thread

With a bunch of rookie wide receivers directly from the collegiate ranks?

Point is that Brady is GOAT yet the "raw" passing stats from today don't look all that great.

Point isn't to knock Brady, rather just to show that "raw" stats from day 2 of TC don't mean that much.

Point is that Brady is GOAT yet the "raw" passing stats from today don't look all that great.

Point isn't to knock Brady, rather just to show that "raw" stats from day 2 of TC don't mean that much.

To be fair, unless someone is "get cut" bad, nothing from the first week of TC necessarily means all that much.

It takes two to tango. Brady can't throw the ball and catch it himself.

Patriots season doesn't really get going until BB hypes someone up and then cuts him the next day. Until then, it's going to be almost all puppies, rainbows and unicorns around here.

...and prosecutors, witnesses and judges. Oh, my.

Re: Re: Official 2013 Patriots Training Camp Thread

It takes two to tango. Brady can't throw the ball and catch it himself.

OK, will go into more detail. You gave two reasons to "explain" Brady's numbers today. Depth of passes and rookie wr's.

WRT the reports of Tebow looking awful, how deep were his pass attempts? Which wr's was he throwing to as the #3?

Then we could always consider that this is the 2nd day Tebow has worked with this playbook.

One guy I think we have to keep our eyes on is WR Kamar Aiken. Multiple reporters are saying he's having a very good camp. When we signed him to our practice squad last season, I looked him up on YouTube. You can't come away from those videos without being impressed with the combo of size, hands and exploseveness. But with the drafting and signing of so many WR's this offseason, I thought he had no shot. BUT, I keep hearing his name come up as far as who's impressed every day. Hopefully he gets to impress in preseason games.

I originally thought he might have a chance because he had all season to learn the playbook, seems like he put that time to good use. Wouldn't it be interesting if we wind up with Dobson, Boyce, Aikens, Thompkins, Amendola and Jenkins as our WRs to start the season ? Too early to think Aikens has a chance, but I'm keeping my eyes on him.

Belichick may not always succeed in the draft or in FA acquisitions, but I can't remember the last time that he undertook to rebuild a specific position that he didn't have some degree of success.

This off season he decided to rebuild the WR corps that he had merely patched for so long, while addressing other more important positions.
He went at it his usual way, signing a complement of NFL vet FAs, drafting several prominent rookies, and signing a plethora of UDFAs. We need more time but it looks promising so far. they all seem to be able to catc and run routes, in tee shirts. All the import's triangle numbers appear fine.

Then he surprised us by rebuilding the interior DL too, cutting Love and Deadrick. But that is probably a two maybe three position patch-and-fill job. Kelly is a prime suspect who will handle the starting position next to Vince; and Armstead maybe the third guy, to spell both. Grissom, Forsten or White maybe the additional reserve NT, as well. Until pads are donned, we won't know much here.

I'm more optimistic about the WR rebuild than the DT rebuild. Jury is way out on both.
Despite that, I simply enjoy pre-season for the fun that it is.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back