PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2013 Patriots Training Camp Thread

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
With Belichick set to talk to the media Wednesday, let the football talk finally begin as we figure out who will emerge and earn a role for this year's club. Please use this thread just to start things off, but obviously once practices open feel free to start plenty of separate ones focusing on individual players, etc. Looking forward to an interesting and fun year :D

Last edited:
The start of the new year for me has never been until training camp starts....thank god football and real competition is back!!

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!

Too early? :)

I'm really hoping that Mrs. B returns with her reports. They were always very insightful.

OK!!!...let's start off the new season with some Pats fans pics....

patsfans.jpg

patriots-fans(2).jpg

Green+Bay+Packers+v+New+England+Patriots+a17VDj2gmcrl.jpg

lh512.jpg

Lets stay healthy, ramp up this defense and see what Shane Vereen, Zach Sudfield, Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson, and Josh Boyce can do in this offense.

I think that Vereen is going to get more than 200 touches this year with more than 1,000 yards from scrimmage. He is the clear favorite as the Patriots breakout player of the year.

At times like this I always think about a certain part of the "A Football Life" video ...

A Football Life Bill Belichick Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

The new season is filled with so much potential, a blank page to do all over again. The challenge and allure of playing a team sport, it's just freakin' awesome...

Excited to watch the D this year. I pray they can stay healthy. Hoping for a big yr from Ridley and a nice rookie season for Mr. Dobson.

Excited to watch the D this year. I pray they can stay healthy. Hoping for a big yr from Ridley and a nice rookie season for Mr. Dobson.

LOL. I'm sure you are.

LOL. I'm sure you are.

Agreed. I'm excited to see the size of the D this year. I think, all in all, the D has gotten bigger and faster in the offseason.

Lets stay healthy, ramp up this defense and see what Shane Vereen, Zach Sudfield, Danny Amendola, Aaron Dobson, and Josh Boyce can do in this offense.

I think that Vereen is going to get more than 200 touches this year with more than 1,000 yards from scrimmage. He is the clear favorite as the Patriots breakout player of the year.

I think our offense can be very exciting. I think they can utilize Boyce's speed on kick returns as well. I really hope that we get to see what Dobson and Boyce can do in the exhibition games, and I expect to see a lot of Sudfeld, considering Ballard isn't ready yet. So hopefully we get to see some excitement from the rookies on offense. Looking forward to see what Jamie Collins can do at LB, and to see if Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower can make that 2nd year jump towards stardom.

Also intrigued by the overall WR competition. Can Jenkins and Hawkins make the team, what about all of the rookie WR's (drafted AND Undrafted). And also intrigued by the competition on the D-Line. Bequette, Buchanon and Cunningham will be a hell of a battle to make the roster. I see Cunningham as the odd man out, and I'll be rooting for Bequette and Buchanon, because I see potential out of those two to be very good pass rushers.

Should be an exciting camp. I am putting a voodoo spell on the football god of injuries, we've been hit hard already, and this needs to stop.

I am very excited this preseason to watch the totally revamped offense. The losses of star WR & TE with the megastar TE on PUP will give us a whole new cast of characters with hopefully some young talent(s) grokking the system and winning positions on talent. The RB corps looks solid with plenty of competition.

On defense theres anticipation of young talent and new FAs really stepping up, DL, LB and DB. Throw in Wilson in spot duty and the defense could function is varied ways we haven't
seen in several seasons.

Or the season could be a cluster fark disaster with injuries lingering and talent failing to blossom. At least we'll get to see and soon.

that Salk is horrific...#splits on trees??? Why????? Why did they bring THIS doofus on board??? I'm going Friday and then hopefully Monday with a season ticket holder...(fingers crossed)

Otherwise known as who is in your 53 and this is my 53 time ... :rofl:

I am very excited this preseason to watch the totally revamped offense. The losses of star WR & TE with the megastar TE on PUP will give us a whole new cast of characters with hopefully some young talent(s) grokking the system and winning positions on talent. The RB corps looks solid with plenty of competition.

On defense theres anticipation of young talent and new FAs really stepping up, DL, LB and DB. Throw in Wilson in spot duty and the defense could function is varied ways we haven't
seen in several seasons.

Or the season could be a cluster fark disaster with injuries lingering and talent failing to blossom. At least we'll get to see and soon.

I'm not sure why it is, and I'm hoping it changes soon, but I can't recall being less excited about a Patriots season since, probably, 2000.

Perhaps you haven't recovered from the Welker debacle.

I'm not sure why it is, and I'm hoping it changes soon, but I can't recall being less excited about a Patriots season since, probably, 2000.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back