PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Off season moves

Brogdon is a very solid all-around player. I also have no idea why anyone would want him gone
Only reasons anyone would want to see him traded is his fragility/dependability for a $22.5m player and the need for a pure starting point guard who can play elite on-the-ball defense.

I think the starting 5 will be this next year......

Brown
Tatum
Port
RWIII
White

I still don't think White is a pure PG but I want Tatum to have the ball more and the subtraction of Smart enables that. Brown needs to work on his ball skills and become a better passer.

As of now, the main bench rotation is...

Brogdon
Big Al
Brissett
Pritch

Thats not a bad bench at all. I'd like to see an upgrade over PP but they can win with him. Love his energy and he brings decent scoring.

Only reasons anyone would want to see him traded is his fragility/dependability for a $22.5m player and the need for a pure starting point guard who can play elite on-the-ball defense.

I think the starting 5 will be this next year......

Brown
Tatum
Port
RWIII
White

I still don't think White is a pure PG but I want Tatum to have the ball more and the subtraction of Smart enables that. Brown needs to work on his ball skills and become a better passer.

As of now, the main bench rotation is...

Brogdon
Big Al
Brissett
Pritch

Thats not a bad bench at all. I'd like to see an upgrade over PP but they can win with him. Love his energy and he brings decent scoring.
What happened to Hauser and Grant? You traded both?

I don't think Grant will be with the team in 2023

I like Hauser. Hes improved over his rookie year but I think Brissett is an upgrade over him and will be getting more minutes.

Why would you like to see Brogdon traded? What is wrong with him (aside from fragility)?
I have to wonder how Brogdon feels.. being traded then rescinded... now reports are He's still on the block.. he was perfect for us last season.. unfortunately he got hurt. Wich has been the only negative in his career.

I'm sure hauser will be in the rotation.. grant William's turned down a 4yr 50 million contract offer before last season..

Sometimes guys can gamble and it doesn't pan out.. Dennis Schroder for example.. now grant got an 8 million offer.. I'm of the mind on tatum I'd rather he move without the ball like rip, Miller used to do. I don't know what the plan is to obtaining a pure PG.

I have to wonder how Brogdon feels.. being traded then rescinded... now reports are He's still on the block.. he was perfect for us last season.. unfortunately he got hurt. Wich has been the only negative in his career.
My hope is he is mature enough to know it wasn't personal.

Hell, Brad moved Smart. With the exception of Tatum no one is safe.

My hope is he is mature enough to know it wasn't personal.

Hell, Brad moved Smart. With the exception of Tatum no one is safe.
Yeah one thing are Brogdon he's a very mature guy.. love the way he carries himself off the court. Well we are a win now team..

Yeah one thing are Brogdon he's a very mature guy.. love the way he carries himself off the court. Well we are a win now team..
Exactly which is why they need to keep Brog.

If they don't win this year they quite possibly might blow it up...see Brown dealt and Brog has an expiring deal in 2024.

I'm sure hauser will be in the rotation.. grant William's turned down a 4yr 50 million contract offer before last season..

Sometimes guys can gamble and it doesn't pan out.. Dennis Schroder for example.. now grant got an 8 million offer.. I'm of the mind on tatum I'd rather he move without the ball like rip, Miller used to do. I don't know what the plan is to obtaining a pure PG.
Watching Hauser this year, he can be the 3 pointer sniper that all playoff teams seem to have coming off the bench, if he just wasn't such a liability on defense. His ceiling is Tyler Herro, and that would be awesome for the Celtics.

Morant is one of the great young guns in the NBA.
Ja is an incredible talent. Vince Carter type talent. And probably in line for a Vince Carter type career if he can keep his S*#* straight. Vince didn't have the type of offcourt issues Morant does, but he still was a nuisance.

Ja is an incredible talent. Vince Carter type talent. And probably in line for a Vince Carter type career if he can keep his S*#* straight. Vince didn't have the type of offcourt issues Morant does, but he still was a nuisance.
All he needs to do is stop brandishing firearms and behave like a pro and a responsible adult.

If they don't win this year they quite possibly might blow it up...see Brown dealt and Brog has an expiring deal in 2024.
I respected the way Brogdon was brought into the role he was intended to play. Brad knew he was a fragile facilitator worthy of running the second team. He is getting paid starter money for his role, but I thought during the regular season he earned it. It sucked he was hurt in the ECF, but we were supposed to expect that.

All he needs to do is stop brandishing firearms and behave like a pro and a responsible adult.
lol...sound like one of our young cornerbacks. Nah, I'm not going to go there. Those threads were a s***show:)

The road was set for them to win this season.. I know they will be in the mix.. but... they beat themselves for sure...

Watching Hauser this year, he can be the 3 pointer sniper that all playoff teams seem to have coming off the bench, if he just wasn't such a liability on defense. His ceiling is Tyler Herro, and that would be awesome for the Celtics.
Agreed, that's the part of game he'll have to get better at. He's a reliable shooter we a decent rebounder. I know we'll have a good team.. but what I believe will have lasting impact is if tatum and brown thier mins are lowered. 36-38 mins per game.

We now have 3rd scorer someone who can take pressure of the Jay's.. but if they continue to log heavy minutes they will be turnover machines again. Hauser, brissett, Pritchard will play important roles off the bench. I think I can say Williams will return..

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back