PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ trying to become a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss was the greatest trade in NFL history, and his salary was completely reasonable. Beckham would take a 1st and then some, and as someone pointed out he wants to be the highest paid non QB in league history. Better that they sign Cooks long term.

I’m in line with that. Cooks is just as good. Obj might be slightly more talented but add in his tirades and distractions and nonsense. Suddenly he is not that good when adding those variables.

I’m in line with that. Cooks is just as good. Obj might be slightly more talented but add in his tirades and distractions and nonsense. Suddenly he is not that good when adding those variables.

I think Beckham is a little better than Cooks but I agree on signing Cooks instead of dealing for Beckham.

I think Beckham is a little better than Cooks but I agree on signing Cooks instead of dealing for Beckham.

you are crazy..cooks is a hardworking, humble wr who wants to get better and appears to have no ego and isn’t selfish.

how many good wrs does brady need here??

ok? the last time we did something like that his name was ochocinco.

i really don’t care about obj’s creepy fantasies.

the guy in no way is patriots material
The statement I was responding to is that Brady would retire immediately if OBJ was brought in. The article seems to refute that.

The statement I was responding to is that Brady would retire immediately if OBJ was brought in. The article seems to refute that.

so, being nice and exchanging jerseys equals
brady wanting that guy on the pats?

wow

you are crazy..cooks is a hardworking, humble wr who wants to get better and appears to have no ego and isn’t selfish.

how many good wrs does brady need here??

How many? As many as BB can stuff in under the cap.

OBJ is not only a little bit better but considerably better. He has better hands, a larger catch radius and a body (and mind!) that can go through the middle of the field.

All that being said if you know me from the "Other Games" threads you already know that I am not a big fan of his because of everything else that he brings with him. But his ability imho is clearly above Cooks.

How many? As many as BB can stuff in under the cap.

disagree

we need dt, lb and cb

we need to sign a veteran fat load type at dt and also draft one

we need a cb in the draft to challenge our cbs on the perimeter

and we need to resign marquis flowers and find another lb like that in the draft with greater upside

so, being nice and exchanging jerseys equals
brady wanting that guy on the pats?

wow

True, but are those the actions of a player that would retire on the spot if said other player became a teammate?

For the record, I want nothing to do with OBJ simply because he'll be way too expensive. I just find the thought of Brady retiring over it to be laughable.

True, but are those the actions of a player that would retire on the spot if said other player became a teammate?

For the record, I want nothing to do with OBJ simply because he'll be way too expensive. I just find the thought of Brady retiring over it to be laughable.
Even accepting that it's hyperbole, it's still one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever read on here. And that's saying something...

brady would retire immediately if bb brought that guy in
h7IG2xN.gif

Moss was the greatest trade in NFL history, and his salary was completely reasonable. Beckham would take a 1st and then some, and as someone pointed out he wants to be the highest paid non QB in league history. Better that they sign Cooks long term.

Moss did take a pay cut as well..

Look, whatever about his tantrums and diva behaviour, he is a hell of a wide receiver.

Exactly what I'm saying. If you cherry pick just his athletic ability and extraordinary catches as the building blocks to define "hell of a wide receiver", then yes. And that's the definition someone might use if building a fantasy football team.

Tantrums and diva behavior equals abandoning the team effort to use every bit of energy to improve the team's performance. You can't build an offensive scheme or dependable offensive performance around random stupendous plays.

OBJ to the Pats? As much of a chance of happening as LBJ to the Pats.

Everybody but Roger Stone would accept that LBJ wanted very much to be a patriot... but it was not to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes