PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ got knocked the - out! (Not True)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rap is absolutely dead. The stuff out there now is pure, PURE trash. The only exceptions I can think of are Drake (sometimes) and Kanye when he makes new music. Other than that, I don’t really even bother with it anymore.
I find Kanye West to be a meme more than a rapper. Drake as well.

I stopped listening to rap 2 years ago and whenever I hear an old song come up in my iTunes, I can't help but laugh at the vulgarity and ridiculousness of it. I also felt a retroactive embarrassment for the times I'd play it in front of other people.

I can respect some 90s-early 2000s stuff though (Mobb Deep, Biggie, 50 Cent, Eminem).

If I end up listening to a song or two nowadays, it'll be purely for the nostalgia.

Last edited:
Classic rock is when great music ended. In the 90's you have your Soundgarden NIN, Marylin Manson and STP, stuff like that but everything nowadays is trash. Rap included. It pretty much stopped being good after Eminem. There is absolutely zero good new artists around and (new) music is really going to be dead. I feel bad for the youths who have nothing to listen to unless they wind back the time machine.
On the bright side, kids today have the advantage of listening to any music they want to at the tip of their fingers. It’s not like how it used to when you had to discover all your music by hoping you catch it on the radio/MTV.

So you can’t feel too bad for them. If a kid really wants to discover better music, he can always easily do that.

JCole is a poet produces pure art

Sucker punches should get you killed imo

You mean you don’t like Christmas in Hollis?

Nope. Anything rap oriented is trash in my mind. Cut me a break on this, I’m a classically trained musician. 43 years

Hip Hop!
Mobb Deep Redman Dogg Pound JAY Z Biggie DMX NAS NWA BONE THUGS BIG PUN BIG L
WU Tang clan 2PAC FUGEES XZIBIT BOOT CAMP CLIQ EPMD THE LOX OUTKAST FABOLOUS CASSIDY 50 CENT the first rule album LUDACRISS first album LOST BOYZ there are more but these are the ones worth giving props to

REAL HIP HOP

Rap is absolutely dead. The stuff out there now is pure, PURE trash. The only exceptions I can think of are Drake (sometimes) and Kanye when he makes new music. Other than that, I don’t really even bother with it anymore.

Danny Brown.
Asap rocky
Asap ferg
Kendrick
Schoolboy q

Never under ant circumstance does drake make a best of list for rap. Ever.

Nope. Anything rap oriented is trash in my mind. Cut me a break on this, I’m a classically trained musician. 43 years

Classical sux my canon d.

Danny Brown.
Asap rocky
Asap ferg
Kendrick
Schoolboy q

might as well finish it up with jay rock and ab soul

Danny Brown.
Asap rocky
Asap ferg
Kendrick
Schoolboy q

Forgot Kendrick Lamar. He should also be up there as well.

JCole is a poet produces pure art
Did you mean JLo? I'm very old and don't recall anything past The Greg Kihn Band's, "The Breakup Song." They don't write them like that anymore....

some would say they shouldn't.

Did you mean JLo? I'm very old and don't recall anything past The Greg Kihn Band's, "The Breakup Song." They don't write them like that anymore....

some would say they shouldn't.

My uncle is a Dolphins fan. He once said the Dolphins were so bad that Ross would have to pay JLo to hang her bare ass out the window of the owner’s suite to get fans in the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes