PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ catch - what am I even looking at?

A Giant catches a football one handed during warm-ups..........seriously?
Different strokes for different folks. I've never seen a pro-sized football caught backhand.

But then again, you're kinda right... an internet thread on a football discussion forum that takes 5 seconds to consume the entirety of - precious resources that must be preserved...[stupidly huge ellipsis]... seriously

That actually was a pretty sweet catch. Didn't Dobson have a really sweet backhanded catch for a TD in college?

Dez had a similar catch in Dallas' TC the other day. I really enjoy these as a fan of the sport. The other day, Curry went "around the world" shooting five shots from each spot and only missed two shots. All of the makes barely tickled the net. I love sh*t like that. I don't see how that guy doesn't win the three-point contest every year.

Is OBJ still in that abusive relationship with that, uh...

giphy.gif

...net?

He moves his hand as the ball approaches his hand to try to match velocity and direction. There's nothing other worldly about this except that if Jerry Rice had gloves like they do now he wouldn't have to had cheated with stickum.

The guy is freakishly athletic. Some good YouTube vids of his soccer and basketball skills are out there.

Regards,
Chris

They have another guy who can do that too

Btw this is nothing new for Odell. I remember this very well. I can't believe so many slept on this guy throughout the process

They have another guy who can do that too

Btw this is nothing new for Odell. I remember this very well. I can't believe so many slept on this guy throughout the process

That's a great video showing how OBJ catches balls one handed. See how the tight end moves his arm/hand in the same direction as the balls going? That's how it's done. You lower the collision speed of the ball with the hand. That's all OBJ is doing with the one handed catches. And the grippy gloves really help as well.

I think the glove has something to do with it. Those gloves are super-sticky.

Yup. That's nothing compared to Dez Bryant's fingertip catch in TC yesterday. Or this past week.

Take th gloves away and he doesn't catch that. Kinda cheating if you ask me.

We're talking about PRACTICE...we're talking about f###### PRACTICE!!!!

Dez had a similar catch in Dallas' TC the other day. I really enjoy these as a fan of the sport. The other day, Curry went "around the world" shooting five shots from each spot and only missed two shots. All of the makes barely tickled the net. I love sh*t like that. I don't see how that guy doesn't win the three-point contest every year.

I do, too.

I mean, the catch may not be anything really extraordinary for a professional football player, but, as an ordinary guy who can barely hit the bowl one-handed anymore without splashing the seat, that level of hand-eye coordination is still admirable.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back