PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Vrabel voted into Patriots HOF

Leonardo Dicaprio Cheers GIF

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
He was the only choice of the 3 finalists.

I wish Kraft would take a break from getting his pipe polished and put Julius Adams in by executive order.

congrats to the well deserved accolades, now to the NFL HOF

The Tennessee Titans head coach has been voted into the New England Patriots HOF.

This goof...

I've never seen anything like that 0-7 gag job by his team to finish out the season.

has ZERO to do with the subject at hand you utter moron...crawl back up Lamar's sewerpipe , troll

Former LB Mike Vrabel Headed to Patriots Hall of Fame
Ian Logue
Former New England Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel did some great things during his time here in New England, and fans have decided that he'll finally be honored for it.

The post Former LB Mike Vrabel Headed to Patriots Hall of Fame appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

has ZERO to do with the subject at hand you utter moron...crawl back up Lamar's sewerpipe , troll
Again, I stated facts and posted a short clip. WTF is your problem with Lamar Jackson anyway? You throw his name around like he's some bum. He's an NFL MVP and possibly the best rushing QB in the history of the league. He would be a huge upgrade in our QB room.

No brainer... The poll we had here showed Vrabel in a landslide....
It was a very weak list of finalists. Had Vrabel not made it this time, then he would have been blocked by way more deserving candidates for the next decade or so.

Former LB Mike Vrabel Headed to Patriots Hall of Fame
Ian Logue
Former New England Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel did some great things during his time here in New England, and fans have decided that he'll finally be honored for it.

The post Former LB Mike Vrabel Headed to Patriots Hall of Fame appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Vrabel finished ahead of finalists Logan Mankins and Bill Parcells.

No date and time has been announced yet for the 2023 induction ceremony.
I think he's busy with some other responsibility.

I think he's busy with some other responsibility.
I think he'll find the time during the bye or something. He's kind of on shaky ground with his ownership, and if he ends up out of a job it doesn't hurt to have at least one other owner who thinks fondly of him.

I think he'll find the time during the bye or something. He's kind of on shaky ground with his ownership, and if he ends up out of a job it doesn't hurt to have at least one other owner who thinks fondly of him.
Kraft called Vrabel "one of the greatest players in franchise history." How far out does his greatest Patriots players list go? Vrabel is not in the top 10. Is he top 20?

Kraft called Vrabel "one of the greatest players in franchise history." How far out does his greatest Patriots players list go? Vrabel is not in the top 10. Is he top 20?
Well, doesn't he have to now that Vrabel is in the Pats Hall of Fame? It'd be pretty bad PR to call Vrabes up and say, "You've been inducted into the Hall but you're not really one of the greatest players in franchise history." :rofl:

Vrabel was a big part of the 2003 and 2004 teams, which were arguably the strongest teams in franchise history. But I don't know that I'd put him in top 20. But if someone did, I wouldn't be upset.

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

I get that you don't love the player at all, but from the owners point of view, this guy has three rings and directly contributed to the teams growth in financial value. Before you go off on a tangent, YES, BRADY MEANS MORE THAN MIKE VRABEL. That does not diminish Vrabel. He is one of the core players from the first three super bowl wins and he is, like it or not, one of the greatest. Spare me the stats, the ring is the thing here. In this case, rings, plural. He's not one of these guys that rode the bench and was along for the ride that Brady provided him. He's a direct contributor, on both sides of the ball. Whether you like him or not, he's got three rings and that puts him on the list. You can get into the minutia of where he ranks on the list of guys with multiple rings if you want, but that's who his peers are.

Vrabel was a big part of the 2003 and 2004 teams, which were arguably the strongest teams in franchise history.
2004 = best team
2003 = best defense
2007 = best offense

From 2010 on was mostly about Brady.

But I don't know that I'd put him in top 20. But if someone did, I wouldn't be upset.
The list of candidates for the Patriots all time top 20 players starts to thin out pretty dramatically after 15 or so. Still I probably wouldn't get to Vrabel until the 20's.

I get that you don't love the player at all, but from the owners point of view, this guy has three rings and directly contributed to the teams growth in financial value. Before you go off on a tangent, YES, BRADY MEANS MORE THAN MIKE VRABEL. That does not diminish Vrabel.
You knew I was going to say the growth in financial value was hugely impacted by a single player - Tom Brady. No other player had anywhere near the impact of Brady in this area.

Also, you're reading me wrong on Vrabel. I like the player a lot. I like Welker MUCH more and he is eligible for induction to the Patriots HOF. Arguably the greatest WR in franchise history, certainly Brady's all time favorite target, and a top 20-30 player is getting in ahead of him. I don't like it.

Arguably unrelated, but still bothersome to me, Vrabel is currently the head coach of the Tennessee Titans. I don't like the idea of celebrating another active HC in the league in the middle of a season. Vrabel is also highly overrated as a HC. That disaster last season was one of the worst collapses by any team in NFL history.

He is one of the core players from the first three super bowl wins and he is, like it or not, one of the greatest. Spare me the stats, the ring is the thing here. In this case, rings, plural. He's not one of these guys that rode the bench and was along for the ride that Brady provided him. He's a direct contributor, on both sides of the ball. Whether you like him or not, he's got three rings and that puts him on the list.
Patrick Pass has 3 rings too. So when is his induction ceremony? You can't just rubber stamp every Patriot with 3 rings as a Patriots HOFer. That said, I agree that significant contributions were made by Vrabel, but he pales in comparison to some of the probable inductees for the next decade, and he was perhaps merely the most deserving of a relatively weak list of candidates for 2023. Again, my preference would have been Welker but he wasn't even a finalist and I'm not keeping him out because he has 0 rings. Wes Welker or Stanley Morgan as the best WR in franchise history, take your pick, neither has a ring, but both absolutely deserve to be in the Patriots HOF.

2004 = best team
2003 = best defense
2007 = best offense

From 2010 on was mostly about Brady.

The list of candidates for the Patriots all time top 20 players starts to thin out pretty dramatically after 15 or so. Still I probably wouldn't get to Vrabel until the 20's.

You knew I was going to say the growth in financial value was hugely impacted by a single player - Tom Brady. No other player had anywhere near the impact of Brady in this area.

Also, you're reading me wrong on Vrabel. I like the player a lot. I like Welker MUCH more and he is eligible for induction to the Patriots HOF. Arguably the greatest WR in franchise history, certainly Brady's all time favorite target, and a top 20-30 player is getting in ahead of him. I don't like it.

Arguably unrelated, but still bothersome to me, Vrabel is currently the head coach of the Tennessee Titans. I don't like the idea of celebrating another active HC in the league in the middle of a season. Vrabel is also highly overrated as a HC. That disaster last season was one of the worst collapses by any team in NFL history.

Patrick Pass has 3 rings too. So when is his induction ceremony? You can't just rubber stamp every Patriot with 3 rings as a Patriots HOFer. That said, I agree that significant contributions were made by Vrabel, but he pales in comparison to some of the probable inductees for the next decade, and he was perhaps merely the most deserving of a relatively weak list of candidates for 2023. Again, my preference would have been Welker but he wasn't even a finalist and I'm not keeping him out because he has 0 rings. Wes Welker or Stanley Morgan as the best WR in franchise history, take your pick, neither has a ring, but both absolutely deserve to be in the Patriots HOF.
TL;DR, because you started talking about Brady when I stated that BRADY WAS MORE IMPORTANT.

I hate that Welker doesn't get his due because he didn't win a ring.

I have to say, I'm not crazy about letting fans choose the finalist because it seems like it'll inherently favor the popular over the probably more deserving and there are a lot of popular guys coming up.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back