PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Patriots rank in the Belichick era

Best GM and coach of the last 20 years. The goat

I love Jerry Thornton!

The people who think it was one or the other are morons.
Easy now. You just offended 66% of the posters. I think a classy apology is in order…

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
The people who think it was one or the other are morons.
One is a coach one is a player, so not sure how they were ever compared. I will say that though, if Brady was not there for that time, those numbers would not be as good. Bill will tell you over and over, its the players, coaches do not win games, players do. It does not matter what a coach does if the players do not execute, you lose.

Coaches are in a way like QB's, they get the blame when things go bad, and major credit when it goes good. If Bill has bad players, we dont win, see 2000 2019. He is not winning a superbowl with bad players or a bad QB. I have seen QB's cost coaches jobs in the NFL, happens all the time. Great QB's get coaches promoted and head coaching jobs. This is why coaches go after good players, weird huh? Its not brain surgery. Good players you win, bad players you lose.

Bill can do a bit more with bad players than most coaches, but some players can make bad coaches look great. See Tampa. All of the sudden Arians is great and their OC is being talked about for head coaching jobs. Yeah it happens. A head coach can lose a game, but its still the players that win them. I didnt make that up, Bill said that.

In the end though, this stupid comparison was going to happen no matter who came out looking better. If Brady goes to Tampa and fails, and Bill wins a superbowl, Bill is the goat of all goats and brady is just a product of the system and team, and that would be as stupid of an argument as what was said about bill since Brady left. Media already had it written, it was just who it was going to be.

Even this year, if Mac turned out to be Ryan Mallet then we probably would not be in a spot for the playoffs right now, does that mean Bill is ****ty? No. Not sure why people have to make this harder than it is.

Last edited:
That point differential is wild. And while I'm of the debate that Brady and Bill are both equally important, the differential speaks to how prolific Brady was as a QB because I'm sure those years of terrible secondaries drag down the diff quite a bit. Those years caused more PTSD than the ineffectual offense of the past two years ever will lmao.

Bill vs Tom again huh?

That point differential is wild. And while I'm of the debate that Brady and Bill are both equally important, the differential speaks to how prolific Brady was as a QB because I'm sure those years of terrible secondaries drag down the diff quite a bit. Those years caused more PTSD than the ineffectual offense of the past two years ever will lmao.
Yeah you always hear how it was defense that carried Brady all those years, but the offense under Brady was always top 5 every freaking year it seemed. Its weird how stigma works in the media.

How is this possible? Duh...because he had this guy
View attachment 38072

Off to cook up some popcorn...
Oh? another "ONE player out of 22 starter makes ALL the difference" theorists. Brady was the GOAT, but football is different from the other team sports. In NO other sport does any individual's play rely on his teammates more than football, and that not just on offense. We've seen many GREAT offenses lose because of poor defenses. So your "its all about Brady" mantra falls flat against the light of reality. And I haven't even mentioned ST's. It wasn't Brady that kicked all those game winning FG's over the last 20 years.

Having "THAT guy" certainly helped, but it pisses me off when people make it seem like it was all about him. Christ, it would piss Brady off.

Oh? another "ONE player out of 22 starter makes ALL the difference" theorists. Brady was the GOAT, but football is different from the other team sports. In NO other sport does any individual's play rely on his teammates more than football, and that not just on offense. We've seen many GREAT offenses lose because of poor defenses. So your "its all about Brady" mantra fall flat against the light of reality. And I haven't even mentioned ST's. It wasn't Brady that kicked all those game winning FG's over the last 20 years.

Having "THAT guy" certainly helped, but it pisses me off when people make it seem like it was all about him. Christ, it would piss Brady off.
If you think Brady was just one of the 22 and not the most important then football is not your thing. Brady determines the outcomes of games more so than other players. Sorry I had to break that news. Its funny though that you say Brady is determined by other players, but coaches who dont even play are not.

What I am most amazed about though with your post is you say AV made a kick but failed to mention how he got close enough to make it? I am almost sure AV misses the kick from their own 20 yard line where they started. One thing that folks like you seem to miss. Most valuable does not mean only valuable, it just means most valuable. So yeah, Brady made the biggest impact on those teams, want to know why? Because he was the only player that was on every one of them. When AV left the winning didnt stop. When a center left the winning didnt stop, when an outside lineback left the winning didnt stop, receivers, running backs, etc etc.

More funny then that, was the tweet said this was "Belichicks" stats...you were ok with that. I believe Bill is one guy too and he doesnt play.

@Ian and the moderators, Can you relegate the Brady vs Belichick threads to the Brady forum? The Brady era is over, this is a new beginning, and the Belichick haters are just using these threads to spew their hate and ignorance into the main forum. They have an entire forum to slurrrrp on Brady, it would help this forum if they stayed in their lane.

@Ian and the moderators, Can you relegate the Brady vs Belichick threads to the Brady forum? The Brady era is over, this is a new beginning, and the Belichick haters are just using these threads to spew their hate and ignorance into the main forum. They have an entire forum to slurrrrp on Brady, it would help this forum if they stayed in their lane.
How is giving facts slurping anyone? Was the OP slurping belichick? Why does mean someone hates belichick if they say he does not have those numbers if not for Brady being the QB because even people who never watched a football game would know that.

I mean at least keep your hypocrisy in a range.

It wasn't Brady that kicked all those game winning FG's over the last 20 years.
First of all, the comment you were responding to was clearly sarcasm.

But regarding those “game winners”, how did that kicker get into field goal position again?

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back