PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Jim Trotter suing the NFL for being fired from NFL Network claims owner racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, only regime approved viewpoints are allowed. Anything else is "unintelligent".
Sorry. I should have been clearer before. I don't care about your viewpoint. I think yours is as fair as anyone else's. We've been asked to keep the political discussions from flaring up, which this has the potential to do big time, which was the point I was trying to make, but clearly not very well. It isn't your viewpoint that I wanted to gently warn about, it's the broadening of the discussion to everything about racism in America.

Broadly saying calling out racism is a hoax and this is just a way to get paid? Yes. I would deem that "unintelligent".
Yes. Crying "racism" is indeed the easiest, highly incentivized, no-proof accusation one can make when something doesn't go their way. Whether he's trying to get paid or not is besides the point.

Sorry. I should have been clearer before. I don't care about your viewpoint. I think yours is as fair as anyone else's. We've been asked to keep the political discussions from flaring up, which this has the potential to do big time, which was the point I was trying to make, but clearly not very well. It isn't your viewpoint that I wanted to gently warn about, it's the broadening of the discussion to everything about racism in America.
I'm aware of that, however, the story is inherently political. Some of the replies, such as the Jerry Jones one, derailed the topic quite a bit, although if that post is allowed, then I'll gladly reply to it. Looks like nobody is willing to have a discussion anyway. Just childish quips like "go back to ____" or "your post is unintelligent". I don't think Ian wants these discussions here anyway, which is fine too.

I'm aware of that, however, the story is inherently political. Some of the replies, such as the Jerry Jones one, derailed the topic quite a bit, although if that post is allowed, then I'll gladly reply to it. Looks like nobody is willing to have a discussion anyway. Just childish quips like "go back to ____" or "your post is unintelligent". I don't think Ian wants these discussions here anyway, which is fine too.
Yeah, I wasn't sure on that one, either and whether that was broadening it beyond the topic of race and NFL owners. Honestly, I'm not trying to shoot you or anyone else down, I'm just trying to keep these things from spiraling out of control.

Guys come on let’s try to be kind and constructive here and maybe come up with some job ideas for Jim. It’s not about us its about Jim.

Ok I’ll go first. He could identify as a female and play in the woman’s NFL

The derailing started with you.

Wacism.

I’m not gonna make an assumption either way here.

But my recollection of Trotter has been one where he looks for attention. So I’m not sure I but his story. But we’ll see.

the screenshots mean boring unless we see the footnotes

yeah, this isn't someone just saying something stupid, though......Trotter has filed a lawsuit with this as a key piece of evidence; Trotter appears willing to go to court with the claim, my guess is he must have corroboration that they made these statements......I'm not putting any stock into a publicists release at this point.....
You actually can't sue for defamation based on statements made in court or in court filings, so if that is the only forum where Trotter made this claim (and AFAIK it is) then it isn't even eligible for a defamation suit.

We have no idea if it happened or not..... but it sure speaks volumes that Trotter never quit his job; he was fired.

Another whiny race hoax. Crying "racism" is highly incentivized in America. He knows there's little to no risk in making this accusation.
Neither owner said anything even remotely wrong or bad, either. People need to grow up and get over themselves. In Congo right now, virtual slaves are mining for lithium and cobalt with their children strapped to their backs for pennies on the dollar, then going home to a home in village with no electricity. In America, grown men get offended by opinions like that.

Neither owner said anything even remotely wrong or bad, either. People need to grow up and get over themselves. In Congo right now, virtual slaves are mining for lithium and cobalt with their children strapped to their backs for pennies on the dollar, then going home to a home in village with no electricity. In America, grown men get offen completely wrong and bad. ded by opinions like that.
You are kidding. Telling an American to "go back to Africa" is completely wrong and completely bad and entirely racist. A remark doesn't have to rise to the level of an enslaved people's plight in order to be racist. Being fired from your job is also life changing, not as bad but bad. And after he complained that race played role, the "he should go back to Africa" response tends to proves it did. If the owner(s) don't get that then they are ignorant. If race didn't play a role then he was off base but that doesn't erase what they said about it.

Yeah good luck with this thread mike and ross o_O

You are kidding. Telling an American to "go back to Africa" is completely wrong and completely bad and entirely racist. A remark doesn't have to rise to the level of an enslaved people's plight in order to be racist. Being fired from your job is also life changing, not as bad but bad. And after he complained that race played role, the "he should go back to Africa" response tends to proves it did. If the owner(s) don't get that then they are ignorant. If race didn't play a role then he was off base but that doesn't erase what they said about it.
1. Every African-American has ancestors from Africa.

2. You forgot the, “to see how bad it is” part. Ever been anywhere in Africa outside of South Africa and parts of Egypt? It’s bad.

You want to know what’s racist? You people with the white savior complex treating blacks, en masse, like they’re victims. Why else would you assume victimization based on nothing more than skin color?

They didn’t say anything wrong and anyone who thinks they did should go and get a life. Go outside, touch some grass, actually talk to people who don’t look like you. You’ll find they respect you more when you’re authentic as opposed to some white savior bot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes