PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: If Tony Dungy and Al Michaels called the Bengals fumble return

He forgot the part where Michaels doesn't raise his voice in excitement about the entire thing until he's at the 5 yard line about to score in.

Few words, but all impact, had it been the great Pat Summerall.

"He's at the 30 ... the 25 ... The 20 ..."

Sure, I'd love to hear that, while he's talking about the Bills or Cowboys during the return.
The team returning the ball is the Bills, Cowboys, Chiefs or another of Tony's preferred teams: "WHAT IS HAPPENING OH MY GOD CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? THIS IS THE GREATEST PLAY IN NFL HISTORY!!! IT'S FATE!!! ONE OF THE BEST TO EVER PLAY THE GAME!!!! WOW!!!!!!"

The team returning the ball is playing against the Bills, Cowboys, Chiefs or another of Tony's preferred teams: "OH NO!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED!!! NO!!! Can it really end this way??? I think he was down by contact!! Not a fumble!!!"

I didn't watch the Chargers/Jaguars game on Sat night because the moment I heard Tony Dungy's voice in the early part, I turned it off. Too me, he is a horrible TV voice.

The team returning the ball is the Bills, Cowboys, Chiefs or another of Tony's preferred teams: "WHAT IS HAPPENING OH MY GOD CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? THIS IS THE GREATEST PLAY IN NFL HISTORY!!! IT'S FATE!!! ONE OF THE BEST TO EVER PLAY THE GAME!!!! WOW!!!!!!"

The team returning the ball is playing against the Bills, Cowboys, Chiefs or another of Tony's preferred teams: "OH NO!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED!!! NO!!! Can it really end this way??? I think he was down by contact!! Not a fumble!!!"
Not to mention replaying the push in the back 100x

My favorite Al Michaels thing is saying "he's...." and then waiting an extremely long time for the play to resolve before saying another word.

Also, the plays where all he does is say the last names of players. "Brady.....Edelman!"

I didn't watch the Chargers/Jaguars game on Sat night because the moment I heard Tony Dungy's voice in the early part, I turned it off. Too me, he is a horrible TV voice.
Dungy is intelligent, but definitely not a 2nd man in a 2 man booth, not enough energy.

I'm also not a fan of Tirico, his enthusiasm comes off to me as being manufactured rather than genuine.

Also, the plays where all he does is say the last names of players. "Brady.....Edelman!"
That's a big Jim Nantz thing too. It's as if the players don't have first names.

Dungy is intelligent, but definitely not a 2nd man in a 2 man booth, not enough energy.

I'm also not a fan of Tirico, his enthusiasm comes off to me as being manufactured rather than genuine.

That's a big Jim Nantz thing too. It's as if the players don't have first names.
Pat Summerall was the king at that.

”Warner. Bruce. Touchdown.”

I’m on the opposite end of everyone else - I want more of that, not less. There’s too much chatter in the booth, too much hyping normal plays. Just as Al Michaels said in defense of himself, although of course if any play were a big one, that was it…..

Pat Summerall was the king at that.

”Warner. Bruce. Touchdown.”

I’m on the opposite end of everyone else - I want more of that, not less. There’s too much chatter in the booth, too much hyping normal plays. Just as Al Michaels said in defense of himself, although of course if any play were a big one, that was it…..
I think Summerall pulled it off well, as if he was doing it intentionally to get a desired effect.

I think Nantz ends up sounding like he simply doesn't know the player's first names, or doesn't care to say them.

I generally agree with "less is more", but Dungy was simply absent for what seemed long periods to me.

If I had the choice though, I'd take Al and Tony over Al and Chris any day of the week.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back