PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Fan sues Patriots Hall of Fame

Would it be potentially illegal for him to just fill it in himself before announcing this damage to the world? Seems to me the flag gained even more value (it went from $50 to $100) by being displayed at the Patriots HOF. No one would have been the wiser.

Ain't worth a million til someone pays a million for it ... People have a tendency to over value collectables / memorabilia...

Still, it sucks for the guy... It looks like the signature has faded... Guess it's a question to be decided in court .. was the flag displayed properly in order to protect it from fading....

Maybe The Pats should buy it from him... Keep it on display at the HoF... Win win

Would it be potentially illegal for him to just fill it in himself before announcing this damage to the world? Seems to me the flag gained even more value (it went from $50 to $100) by being displayed at the Patriots HOF. No one would have been the wiser.
He could do an eli ... Sign another flag claim it's a game flown flag ... The league has proven it has zero issues with that type of fraud ..

He should have stored it in a hermetically sealed bag and left it on Funk and Wagnall's back porch.

This will all come down to if there is a written contract, a verbal contract or agreement is so hard to prove, unless you have a recording of it. No written contract, the guy is going to be SOL.

He should have stored it in a hermetically sealed bag and left it on Funk and Wagnall's back porch.

This will all come down to if there is a written contract, a verbal contract or agreement is so hard to prove, unless you have a recording of it. No written contract, the guy is going to be SOL.
He should be put in jail for stupidity.

That is rule #1 with valuable memorabilia.

His case is cooked.

Oh I would absolutely sue the Pats HOF for that...you would think they would know how to properly display items so that they won't be damaged by sunlight.

I've got a Bobby Orr + Dan Marino signed football I'll practically give away for $990k

If I recall correctly they made us sign something when me and my brother's lent them some of my father's stuff. I guess I should be worried about it's condition. But we like having some of his stuff on display there.

IMG_20220922_194942892.jpg

Looks like they did store it poorly but some of these memorabilia people get too nuts with this stuff.

He should be put in jail for stupidity.

That is rule #1 with valuable memorabilia.

His case is cooked.
I saw the headline and thought they were being sued for not putting Julius Adams in two decades ago.

But, I think Kraft would be the defendant. He could put Christian Peter in there if he feels like it.

...Turns out Christian clearly turned his life around - thanks to the Giants, of all people.

...Meanwhile, Adams, Tatupu, Fairbanks and Stingley* have only their survivors to attend any induction ceremony.

Russ Francis is still around - I believe Bill Belichick would happily endorse putting him in there.

*I know we're not like 'other teams', but other teams have honored alumni who did (and sacrificed) less than Darryl.

I saw the headline and thought they were being sued for not putting Julius Adams in two decades ago.
University Of Cincinnati Touchdown Celebration GIF by Cincinnati Bearcats

Keep beating that drum, my man.

But, I think Kraft would be the defendant. He could put Christian Peter in there if he feels like it.

...Turns out Christian clearly turned his life around - thanks to the Giants, of all people.

...Meanwhile, Adams, Tatupu, Fairbanks and Stingley* have only their survivors to attend any induction ceremony.

Russ Francis is still around - I believe Bill Belichick would happily endorse putting him in there.

*I know we're not like 'other teams', but other teams have honored alumni who did (and sacrificed) less than Darryl.
Russ not in is a total and complete botch.

$1 million seems a bit pricey to claim as the value for a Tom Brady autographed flag, let alone the claim that it was worth so much that it decreased by $1 million in value simply from the autograph partially fading.

Heck, Brady's Super Bowl game worn jerseys that were stolen were not seen as being worth $1 million.

Russ not in is a total and complete botch.
Like Adams.

Russ, like all his teammates, is a casualty of Dreith.

No ring, no recognition.

For the most part, after what happened on December 18, 1976, local media lumped it onto the 'same old Patriots' theme of theirs in which they deride the team and spin any and every anecdote in the most negative (ignorant) light.

BTW Russ is better than Casper who is in Canton.

Like Adams.

Russ, like all his teammates, is a casualty of Dreith.
I've never understood it. Over 200 games in an NEP uniform and not in the PHoF. He was a performing player. We aren't talking about Ken Sims here. Kraft needs to step in......but he won't.
No ring, no recognition.

BTW Russ is better than Casper who is in Canton.
Yep.

$1 million seems a bit pricey to claim as the value for a Tom Brady autographed flag, let alone the claim that it was worth so much that it decreased by $1 million in value simply from the autograph partially fading.

Heck, Brady's Super Bowl game worn jerseys that were stolen were not seen as being worth $1 million.
You'd be surprised how much condition matters to collectors of anything. I think he's asking a million in order to settle for what he really thinks he will lose.

You'd be surprised how much condition matters to collectors of anything. I think he's asking a million in order to settle for what he really thinks he will lose.
I understand how important condition is to a collectible, but I bet that that flag would struggle to get low 5 figures even in mint condition if it was put up for sale.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back