PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NYP Article: BB won't let the Pats Go Down Like This!

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
You are clueless if you don't think that BB will load up next season. Brady is on the schedule. I fully expect us to be active on day 1 of free agency this offseason!

You are clueless if you don't think that BB will load up next season. Brady is on the schedule. I fully expect us to be active on day 1 of free agency this offseason!

You think that belichicks interest in building his team and winning is felt debt upon Brady being on the schedule?

coach Bill and bill the GM are building the most dominant special teams unit of all time next year. just wait and see... every player drafted in 2021 will have "special teams" ability. ready to set the all time record for Field goals made and attempted. 3d and 13 from the 40? run a draw and pick up 7 bc we really just want to kick field goals

You think that belichicks interest in building his team and winning is felt debt upon Brady being on the schedule?
No, but definitely some extra motivation.

We will be more active than last year sure and maybe there’s a player (gilmore) that we move in on early in FA but more likely we will let the market set and then get to work.

I fully expect us to be better next season. How much better though?

We'll see.

After brutal WR play in 2019, Bill righted his 2020 ship with...............
........say it with me........
Damiere Byrd
LMFAO

Damiere Byrd
LMFAO
We will have 80+ mil in cap space. We barely had any last season after tagging thuney

Damiere Byrd
LMFAO
I’d like to introduce you to something called the salary cap.

I’d like to introduce you to something called the salary cap.

I agree but not really. The cap is real, but can be managed. BB knew he had a Hernandez and AB credits coming, plus could have moved some monies other ways into 2021. The cap does not have to go from $1M in 2020 to $80M in 2021 - it can be managed and evened out somewhat.

Said another way, BB purposely chose not to have cap space in 2020. I am not sure why he decided to eat all of the cap hits in one year and reset, but he decided that. I think the opt outs on top of the "reset year" where a surprise that he did not plan on, and by the time the full pandemic and opt outs became apparent it was too late to go back and sign free agents. So we had no cap space, but that was managed to be a "reset year", and was not completely out of BB's control.

So the question should be, "Why did BB want to have no cap space in 2020, and a lot in 2021?". I do not think he knew the cap was going done to $175M in 2021 when he chose to have a reset year in the Spring of 2020. FA players are not going to want to take less than they expected in 2021, but they will not want to sit out a year either, so they will have to sign at a discount. So BB holds the cards! Lucky or an evil genius? Checkers or Chess?

If we can put the Bill the GM argument aside for the moment I think most agree that Bill the HC is the best in the league. I think the loss of coaching time this season because of "the Covid" handicapped BB and the Pats more than most teams especially when trying to get a new QB up to speed.

Next season will be better for that reason alone provided they are able to have a TC and a preseason.

Add in being one of the teams with the best cap space situations and the return of some of the opt out players the Pats will definitely be a much better team next season.

I believe that BB decided to bite the cap bullet in 2020 and reset because he did not think the team had what it took to be a serious Super Bowl contender no matter what he did. If he can take advantage of the extra cap space and find a solid QB the team has a real chance to be back in contention in a couple years. Will not be easy but I think this approach was better than manipulating the cap and trying for one more run.

Unless the QB position is addressed with a player who is physically capable of throwing a football we will be lucky to end up with the record we do this year.

coach Bill and bill the GM are building the most dominant special teams unit of all time next year. just wait and see... every player drafted in 2021 will have "special teams" ability. ready to set the all time record for Field goals made and attempted. 3d and 13 from the 40? run a draw and pick up 7 bc we really just want to kick field goals
You seem to always predict how the team plays out every year every game . And you are always right too! I don't know why are you still following this sorry ass team with coach who knows nothing for 20 yrs winning just on special teams.

Unless the QB position is addressed with a player who is physically capable of throwing a football we will be lucky to end up with the record we do this year.
Yep I’d say that would be helpful.

i agree, if we get a qb, we will be back.

if not, we will never be more than we are now.

So the NY Post believes in Bill? Lol
We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

For a New York Post article, I'd expect something like, "Belichick Admits Spreading Covid in NYC."

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back