PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NYP Article: BB won't let the Pats Go Down Like This!

After brutal WR play in 2019, Bill righted his 2020 ship with...............
........say it with me........
Damiere Byrd
LMFAO
He could hardly envision Marquise Lee opting out. Opt outs, outgoing FA's and salary cap bent us over and ran a train on us. Such is life.

This really comes down to the QB position. The last two drafts give the team a solid core to build on. They have plenty of cap space to build out the roster, but without a functional QB, none of that will matter.

It's obvious it all comes down to the QB, but the Pats don't have one. BB might be able to land a marquee FA to fill another position if a throws out enough money, but I find it hard to believe anybody would want to sign there. Among most players, Bill has not had the greatest reputation over the years and it doesn't help now that this team doesn't have a good veteran QB as the buffer and the guy teammates look up to. I can't remember what former player said it, but the "mass exodus" of current veterans will continue when their contracts are up as I think they want to move on. Bill's biggest needs are QB, WR, DT, DE, coverage/sideline to sideline LB. Bill's best bet on the D-line is seeing if Trey Flowers is a cap casualty (which I believe the next regime will), but I believe he would end up with Flores in MIA.

Bill is going to have to do something he won't like doing and that's get aggressive for top FA's. No more calling at the last second which he's done over the years and missed out on some talent for Tom Brady. He's also going to have to do something he hasn't done in 7 years and that's draft well.

Last edited:
I don't believe that Bill is as hungry now as he was then...And perhaps more importantly, Bill doesn't have the scouts, personnel staff or assistant coaches to execute the rebuild as he did then...All 3 of those departments have been bled dry...

This is true. There are a lot of openings and few applicants. It would be great if you would apply as a draft expert and still post with inside info for all of us. ;)

This really comes down to the QB position. The last two drafts give the team a solid core to build on. They have plenty of cap space to build out the roster, but without a functional QB, none of that will matter.
Yeah not really.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back