PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NYC Local Announcers on Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, ESPN is in the tank, so it's not worth listening to.

WFAN is playing to the lowest common denominator.

As for what "more people remember," I actually don't give a flying **** any more. Give it up.

The Patriots have lost the popularity contest among the unwashed masses and I couldn't care less.

In fact, I now believe that Pats fans who still worry about what the haters think are actually part of the problem...not the solution. They empower the haters by arguing with them.

Our obsession with what idiots think has got to stop. It turns us into idiots.

I'm not obsessed... Just stating that the NY media isn't exactly on Brady's side, as was posited earlier.

The Bobs Discount Furniture boys need to leave the country. Zero value from Brillo and Fart.

You had those guys pegged from the start...

120015_o.gif

;)

I'm not totally sure why the NY media seems to have Brady's back almost as much as the Boston media does, but I sure do appreciate it.

Uh, maybe it's because it's true. Those guys have seen every scandal possible involving pro athletes with an 8-team market. They know evidence when they see it. The NFL proved nothing other than the fact that the NFLPA agreed to the worst CBA in the history of CBAs.

I have Dish Network(not for long) and the NFL network was blacked out again in RI.. really, really sucks.

Sorry I missed that..
Well, if you had fios you'd be watching it on something called myritv and the broadcast is so bad or the signal so weak that it's like watching tv through a prism. About 90% of the game is spent watching the digital picture adjust. Barely worth watching.

You had those guys pegged from the start...

120015_o.gif

;)

I came up with that when I think it was Fart who picked on a player's performance and laughed at his own comment. Then Brillo let out a belly-laugh and leaned back just like these guys do and then Fart laughed with him after pausing like he was waiting for a laugh track to kick in. Plus they are always grumpy and complain about something. Incredibly critical. They really are depressing to listen to.

I came up with that when I think it was Fart who picked on a player's performance and laughed at his own comment. Then Brillo let out a belly-laugh and leaned back just like these guys do and then Fart laughed with him after pausing like he was waiting for a laugh track to kick in. Plus they are always grumpy and complain about something. Incredibly critical. They really are depressing to listen to.

Just noticed your Sig under your name, I have a "Belichick For President 2004" sticker on a cooler I have.

I think barstool sold them then, along with "Belichick University" T-Shirts..

Definitely a Friday of Labor Day Weekend Thread :rolleyes:, but I live in NYC and watched the Local NBC Affiliate's coverage of last night's game. FWIW, here is my paraphrase of the entirety of their commentary on Deflategate. It came at the beginning of the game:

Play by Play Guy: Well, Tom Brady is starting tonight but will miss the first four games of the Regular Season because of what you might remember happened after the AFC Championship Game a year and a half ago. After a long investigation the League wasn't really able to prove that he actually did anything, but the whole thing became a test of the Commissioner's powers under Collective Bargaining.

Color Guy (former player): Yeah, sort of like the Commissioner was saying, "I'm gonna do it because I can do it."

Play by Play Guy: Yeah.

That was it. You'd have thought they were Pats Homers. The New York media recognize a bunch of crap when they see it.

They later ran an absurdly fawning interview with and set of comments by OBJ about his pregame conversation with Brady. They also did a shorter piece with Eli about his conversation with Brady before the game and about how close Brady and the Manning family had become over the years.

It was Bob Papa and Carl Banks on the commentary.

I'm not obsessed... Just stating that the NY media isn't exactly on Brady's side, as was posited earlier.
The Boston media isn't always exactly on Brady's side either, judging from most of the CHB's columns.
The NY print media has at times been more forceful against Goodell than the Boston media.

Yeah, it was Banks who said it was a case of "i will do it because I can do it."

In all honesty, a lot of folks in the NY press didn't buy it. Peter king, gary myers, mike lupica just to name a few.

In all honesty, a lot of folks in the NY press didn't buy it. Peter king, gary myers, mike lupica just to name a few.
yeah, king, who lives in my neighborhood, even had the guts to admit he was wrong.
lupica changed his tune as well, but myers did the most abrupt about turn...he and lupica have been brutal to Goodell since last summer.
i think that shaughnessy and volin are too insecure to be as critical as the big city boys

They really are depressing to listen to

That’s why I don't listen to PFW in Progress anymore. It's all a bunch of fart jokes and bad impressions and complaints about how little BB talks (duh). Nothing football about it. Patriots Playbook with John Rooke on the other hand is chock-full of info.

well, ESPN is in the tank, so it's not worth listening to.

WFAN is playing to the lowest common denominator.

As for what "more people remember," I actually don't give a flying **** any more. Give it up.

The Patriots have lost the popularity contest among the unwashed masses and I couldn't care less.

In fact, I now believe that Pats fans who still worry about what the haters think are actually part of the problem...not the solution. They empower the haters by arguing with them.

Our obsession with what idiots think has got to stop. It turns us into idiots.

True statement, reminds me of one of my favorite sayings:

never-argue-with-an-idiot-mark-twain.jpg

@PatsFanSince74, I'm glad you watched the broadcast in NY. Even though I live here, I had to watch a stream...because if I see a "highlight" of that GD catch in The Game That Shall Not Be Named...or that other catch in The Other Game That Shall Not Be Named, I think I would have thrown my TV out the window.

It seems like EVERY TIME the Giants play the Pats, they HAVE to show those plays. It's annoying.

That’s why I don't listen to PFW in Progress anymore. It's all a bunch of fart jokes and bad impressions and complaints about how little BB talks (duh). Nothing football about it.

Its terrible. Another 1/2 ass excuse for local programming. Its like watching Candlepins for Cash with Don Gillis or Community Auditions with Dave Maynard.

Patriots Playbook with John Rooke on the other hand is chock-full of info.

I'll have to tune in. Something better has to be out there. It sure as hell isn't NE Tailgate with Fat O, Drunk DeOssie and that inaudible Sasquatch Fred Smerlas.

@PatsFanSince74, I'm glad you watched the broadcast in NY. Even though I live here, I had to watch a stream...because if I see a "highlight" of that GD catch in The Game That Shall Not Be Named...or that other catch in The Other Game That Shall Not Be Named, I think I would have thrown my TV out the window.

It seems like EVERY TIME the Giants play the Pats, they HAVE to show those plays. It's annoying.

I've seen those plays so many times i don't care anymore. It was a NYG feed so i can't blame them. I'm sure when we play seattle this season they will show the malcolm butler play over and over.

The Boston media isn't always exactly on Brady's side either, judging from most of the CHB's columns.
The NY print media has at times been more forceful against Goodell than the Boston media.

I would agree with that as well. I did not say Boston was easy on Tom, just that New York media was not as Brady friendly as the poster implied.

Yep same here. I watched the NFL Network broadcast with the NY announcers. I was in shock and had to rewind a few times to make sure I wasn't going crazy :) I wonder what Giants fans were thinking when they heard that.
Probably that "the Pats were railroaded ". They're not jealous of the Pats , like most fans, because they pretty much own us. Fans of other teams are just mad, because we've ruined many a season for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back