PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now, Josh Barrett is Declared Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on. Every team in the NFL that has one injury at S (or cb, dt,de,g,t,wr,olb,ilb) is one more injury away from having 2 backup starters.
We are also one Brady injury away from starting a QB who has never started an NFL game.

Very few teams have more than one starting caliber QB.

Before the season started, we had 3 starting caliber Safeties. BB chose to have one.

I still think the Pats win today - - but the personnel moves BB has made this season regarding our secondary are not making that important area any better.

Until today I was every bit the koolaid drinker you are. You have soared into uncharted territory if you honestly are saying that BB has made rational decisions regarding the secondary this year. He's been Evel Knieval at Snake River and 99% of the people see it. if he makes the jump it'll be incredible.

Very few teams have more than one starting caliber QB.

Before the season started, we had 3 starting caliber Safeties. BB chose to have one.
We did? Why aren't they starting then?

I still think the Pats win today - - but the personnel moves BB has made this season regarding our secondary are not making that important area any better.
I don't know if I agree with that.
Just because you don't recongize the names doesn't mean that the players who beat out the ones you know are not better. Sanders and Meriwhether had a chance to make the team and they did not. How does it make you worse to keep the guy who beat out the guy you used to have playing?

Until today I was every bit the koolaid drinker you are.
Its not about drinking Koolaid its about not overreacting to what may happen in the future before it happens. Have we not been through similar things consistently over the past 10 years, and do most of them not work out the way the kneejerk responders cry they will?

You have soared into uncharted territory if you honestly are saying that BB has made rational decisions regarding the secondary this year.
What is irrational? Surely not cutting guys who were beaten out. If cutting Sanders and Meriwhether were such stupid moves why are they sitting on the bench elsewhere?
Bodden is no doubt a headscratcher, but we do not know the facts. To presume that BB just lost his mind and decided to cut a guy who makes the team better is a kneejerk unrealistic opinion. If Bodden's attitude or effort rather than ability are the problem, how is that an irrational decision? Do you want players out there giving a halfhearted effort because they have a resume?

He's been Evel Knieval at Snake River and 99% of the people see it. if he makes the jump it'll be incredible.
I don't understand the analogy. You act as if he said he was going to get rid of good players, keep bad ones and see what happens. He is putting the players on the field that he believes give him the best chance to win.
Aside from Bodden, I don't even see an argument about who we should have kept around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back