PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now is the time for things to come together

Status
Not open for further replies.

micronin127

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Early season dominance against a string of rookie QBs (with the exception of Roethlisberger)
Midseason struggles (played Baltimore coming off its bye week the week before our bye week)

Some weaknesses exposed:
1. run defense (Chubb-Cleveland, Ingram/Jackson-Baltimore)
2. ugly offense (o-line injuries, blitz pickup, negative running plays, turnstile at receiver position, no fullback)

We got Wynn back and he has struggled at times in pass protection, but he is essentially a rookie. Teams have been sending an extra guy and occasionally the free rusher comes right up the middle. So, he's had a few weeks of coaching and knock wood he stays healthy because he has tons of ability. Rookie linemen always make a few mistakes, but you have to play them or they don't reach their ceiling.

Running game is starting to look good.

Harry is only a few games into his career too. He looks tough to tackle for a CB one-on-one. Love the jet sweeps. Love quick screens. Just get the ball in his hands. Maybe quick crosses and pick plays since creating separation on his own isn't a strength.

Edelman is hurt, but toughing it out. Same for Brady.

We have a relatively healthy top defense (Jason McCourty and Jonathan Jones are dinged up, Hightower was dinged up a few weeks back). Need guys to step up: Shilique Calhoun, Chase Winovich, Deatrich Wise, Lawrence Guy, Danny Shelton, Elandon Roberts, Joejuan Williams.

We can beat any team in the league. I really believe that. And I still love this team and hope that now is the time that things come together for them.

Unless Scar somehow fixes the blocking it’s hard to see a deep playoff run. I get that Belichick and Brady can find ways to win any loser goes home games but unless they can block better, run better, and protect better their season will be in peril.

Unless Scar somehow fixes the blocking it’s hard to see a deep playoff run. I get that Belichick and Brady can find ways to win any loser goes home games but unless they can block better, run better, and protect better their season will be in peril.
Hope you’re wrong, fear you’re right. The hope here is that they have another run in them, using coaching, STs, the timely trick, and a solid D to get three wins in the playoffs.

I can't explain but I have a quiet optimism about this team. Other than Devlin, I think the offense is about to establish themselves today.
I cant wait for the end of season video montage with the background commentary of all the naysayers.

O- line has underachieved since wynn has come back. Cannon’s play has been baffling. Don’t know if he’s injured or what not. Even when they get protection these wideouts have to get open.

tenor.gif

The time for them to come together was a the end of November. The Pats always say they want to be playing their best football in December and they haven't this month (yet).

That’s what it’s all about. Hopefully they can get creative and find a solution. I believe 95% of Brady’s problems this season are because of this.

This game is about the defense making a statement! All week it's about the Bills defense. They have to come out and DOMINATE! Score a TD. Create turnovers. Pressure and beat up the QB. Give this putrid offense a short field. Let Fcking Go!

I see progress in certain areas each game. I love the grit and the no quit attitude. They definitely have their issues but it wouldn't surprise me to see them back in the AFCCG again.

We'll see.

The time for them to come together was a the end of November. The Pats always say they want to be playing their best football in December and they haven't this month (yet).

In theory, you are right but the Pats lost two back to back games in December last year and won the Super Bowl.

Huge game today as this team seems to really need the bye. I just want the win and do not care about style points as I not really sure if that translates into the post season anyways (see 2010)

2 seed - be a slight favorite over anyone coming into Foxboro - win a slug fest
Head to Baltimore as a TD underdog. BB will need to cook something up but the team is capable of pulling the upset. And while the NFC has a number of very good teams none of them are unbeatable.

Really look forward to seeing how it all plays out. Pats seem to have about a 15% chance to win it all which is a bit lower than last year but probably higher than it was in 2001.

In theory, you are right but the Pats lost two back to back games in December last year and won the Super Bowl.

They also had a better O-line and Gronk who was still an elite blocker.

With two games left in the season it's a little too late for this team to figure it out especially offensively. Brady's hurt, they have no running game, the offensive line is a joke and the receivers are not far behind the offensive line. Besides last week their offense gets worse and worse every time they play.

They've been punched in the mouth three times against the three best teams in the AFC. Beating up a pathetic Bengals team doesn't change anything.

Last edited:
This is the exact game where we found our identity and won the final 5 games last year. Im not entirely confident in the same thing happening but I wasn’t entirely confident at this time last year either.

Unfortunately hard to see this offense and OL “coming together” enough to get back to the SB. One of worst OL I can remember....hard to get running game going....Receivers other than Jules (who as you point out is very banged up)....are Very Questionable to be honest....and having No TE other than Watson (apologies to Laglasse but he isn’t explosive!).....going to be hard road ahead and tough game today ....with that realism....GO PATS!!!

Early season dominance against a string of rookie QBs (with the exception of Roethlisberger)
Midseason struggles (played Baltimore coming off its bye week the week before our bye week)

Some weaknesses exposed:
1. run defense (Chubb-Cleveland, Ingram/Jackson-Baltimore)
2. ugly offense (o-line injuries, blitz pickup, negative running plays, turnstile at receiver position, no fullback)

We got Wynn back and he has struggled at times in pass protection, but he is essentially a rookie. Teams have been sending an extra guy and occasionally the free rusher comes right up the middle. So, he's had a few weeks of coaching and knock wood he stays healthy because he has tons of ability. Rookie linemen always make a few mistakes, but you have to play them or they don't reach their ceiling.

Running game is starting to look good.

Harry is only a few games into his career too. He looks tough to tackle for a CB one-on-one. Love the jet sweeps. Love quick screens. Just get the ball in his hands. Maybe quick crosses and pick plays since creating separation on his own isn't a strength.

Edelman is hurt, but toughing it out. Same for Brady.

We have a relatively healthy top defense (Jason McCourty and Jonathan Jones are dinged up, Hightower was dinged up a few weeks back). Need guys to step up: Shilique Calhoun, Chase Winovich, Deatrich Wise, Lawrence Guy, Danny Shelton, Elandon Roberts, Joejuan Williams.

We can beat any team in the league. I really believe that. And I still love this team and hope that now is the time that things come together for them.

Time to run the table.

I love this thread!!

I think some time to recover is the answer. Looked really good today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back