PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Bill Polian takes a shot at the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts and Peyton won their SB against Rex Grossman. I don't think that's the "right" way to win a SB either but hey.

The downright, BOGUS CALLS, this man and that team were the beneficiary of in the AFCCG game alone should make him tuck his tail between his legs and S.T.F.U....Period! I still burn with rage when I think back to those RCA Dome calls, even to this day.

Our team's second half meltdown is just as responsible as the officiating. Defense folded, the offense couldn't get us the kill TD (or should I say Reche?).

This is exactly what I mean when I wrote that most of the NE fans (meant those living in NE) will dismiss it.

Irrespective of how petty he might be, he is the ex-GM of one of the highly respected teams in the NFL. So, his words and allegations do carry weight around the NFL and the non-Pats fans who read it.

If I was a non-pats fan, I might have treated the pot-shots of former players like Porter, Warner etc as jealous rants on acts that were done in the open.

But I think that this is the first time that a frigging GM throws dirt at us and I am mad because we have to bear it thanks to our silence in the past.

And of course, try to have your attitude - dismiss him as a crank and refuse to consider these smears.

Have you lost your mind?

Polian never got over the Bills losing to the Giants. The jealousy must have been unbearable by 2004.

He sees Belichick and he sees only his losses piled on losses, Belichick sending him home for yet another season, Belichick with a Super Bowl championship ring for each of the digits on his hand, Polian with only the one on the finger stuck up his nose.

Old Bill is twisted has-been at this point, making his comments on BSPN's second or third tier, failing to reach the top in this career as well. His comments, like the man himself, are irrelevant and boring.

He's also on Sirius XM and, aside from his insight into how an NFL front office works, he's the second most unbearable person to listen to on there. The most unbearable, by far, is Lady T. His opinions are ridiculous and he doesn't have much of a grasp on the English language. The other day, he was talking about how "dey (the Colts) wasn't sellin' much jerseys before Peyton".

Our team's second half meltdown is just as responsible as the officiating. Defense folded, the offense couldn't get us the kill TD (or should I say Reche?).

But, but, but... Reche couldn't get us the TD because he was mauled in the end zone.

If you're talking about the dropped pass, Brady followed that up with a TD to Jabar Gaffney. The dropped pass didn't hurt. The mauling in the end zone did. It took points away.

Everyone's missing the major issue with Polian's remarks, "fairly and squarely" that is clearly a shot at Manning's head.

This, honestly, is the best post I've read all week! Yes, even better than Gronk coming back and Talib back at practice.

Why? Because it proves to the whole world how utterly jealous and butt-hurt this guy STILL is...after a whole decade that we destroyed his dream team in HIS house. That one ring he BOUGHT after his golden boy couldn't get it done years after years of having A-grade offensive talent around him, without a little blatant help from the zebras in a championship game, as directed by Mr. NFL Executive.

Not even after he was kicked out by the same organization that finally enabled him to get his "precious"...don't forget this is the man that lived through 3 ball breaking back-to-back SB losses. Is it then, any wonder that this guy should be bitter against even the Colts, albeit it was where he basically sold his soul to get that little piece of championship jewelry?

This is all he's got now...a piece of engineered legacy, a rigged ring. That which means so much to him, that he'll go to any lengths to affirm its legitimacy (ha!). Because it isn't legitimate enough without taking a cheap shot at an organization and coach who have defeated him, again and again and again. He will not be gracious, and he will not be thankful for the one ring he has.

Because he KNOWS the legitimacy of said ring is in question...even if by only a fraction of the fan base. And so he must deflect scrutiny, and what better way to do so than by accusing his nemesis of the exact same infraction!

**** Bill Polian! "the right way" my ass. Keep telling yourself that, bitter old crank!

I'm surprised the jets didn't hire this guy during the offseason. They deserve each other. Really is a damn shame Kelvin Hayden didn't get flagged for mugging Reche Caldwell. Manning would be the all-time greatest choker at the moment.

It sure as hell didn't help when everytime they stopped Peyton there'd be a bogus call. Such as the Hobbs PI and the really weak roughing the passer on Tully Banta-Chain. If they had called pass interference the same on both sides Pats probably would have hung 50+ on the colts that night.

Does Polian matter? Remember Norv Turner adding security to protect the playbook in that first game in 2007? Did you care what Norv thought or said?

The fact is the Pats broke a rule. It sucks, but that will be fodder for stupidity like this until the end of time. Polian and Irsay are both clowns. If you believe the Pats won legitimately, then this crap is just noise. You cannot change the mind of people who want to spin that violation to their benefit.

Simply stated, for Polian it is better to accept the Pats cheated them of titles than it is to accept he created a primadonna franchise that won the games that didn't really matter and tended to fold at the most important time of the year.

The only entertainment in this scenario is apparently Irsay and Polian are having a lover's quarrel, and are not speaking. Is the enemy of your enemy your friend, or your enemy?:)

Rodney was on a nbc radio spot yesterday and when asked he just said he can say what he wants and whatever makes him feel better. He went and complained about refreeing and rule changes and all that but in the end I have my rings in my safe and Iam quite comfortable with that - gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes