PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not gonna happen, but what if Brady announced his retirement at the SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nothing is a waste of bandwidth then? Why don't I start a thread saying what would happen if the stadium in Houston got swallowed up by a giant oil sinkhole the night before the game? Come to think of it, that might be as likely as Tom announcing his
retirement.
If we couldn't talk about hypotheticals they'd be very little activity on this board.

It would be funny if he announced it after the SB, giving all the AFC hope for next year.

And then he rolls in to training camp and starts week 1 anyway having trolled the entire country.
#TommyGate

So nothing is a waste of bandwidth then? Why don't I start a thread saying what would happen if the stadium in Houston got swallowed up by a giant oil sinkhole the night before the game? Come to think of it, that might be as likely as Tom announcing his retirement.
I definitely like this...can we have Goodell individually swallowed up by a sinkhole as he hands the trophy over to Tom, with Bill and maybe Devin reaching out to hang onto and protect the trophy as Goodell flails away helplessly on his way down? Maybe have a couple more NYJFL minions fall in there, too...then, have some rattlesnakes slither up and attack a few Defamegate mediots...this could be a major motion picture...

Don't see it happening. Football is in Brady's DNA. Brady's relentless all year round fitness and nutrition shows his passion for football and his fire still rages and he's not dousing that inferno anytime soon.

It would definitely put a dampener on the Super Bowl win that's for sure.

I don't get why everyone gets so aroused of the thought of Brady's next SB win being followed up with a retirement.

Why the hell would I want my team to lose the greatest QB in NFL history who's still playing as well as he ever has?

Also, retiring is much less of an "FU" to the league than staying in it and continuing to dominate. Winning more rings is way more painful to the rest of the league than getting 20 seconds to go "Screw you Goodell, I'm going home"

Last edited:
So nothing is a waste of bandwidth then? Why don't I start a thread saying what would happen if the stadium in Houston got swallowed up by a giant oil sinkhole the night before the game? Come to think of it, that might be as likely as Tom announcing his retirement.

The beauty of open discussions is that you can start a thread about any topic you'd like. Whether or not people will participate is another question.

In the grand scheme of things this is a relatively microscopic amount of bandwidth. You realize you can just maturely ignore a thread if you don't want to participate, right? I'm sure at some point in the last 57 years you've concluded that certain things do not require your attention...

To quote Bill Belichick:

Nothing suggests Brady is remotely interested in hanging it up, but just imagine what an epic moment it could be if he's with Goodell in front of the world?

It would be like a song that gets lots of air play down in Houston

it would solve the Jimmy G drama.

I want Brady to play as long he is great and set longevity records

Debbie Downer?

That hypothetical sounds like made it the Super Bowl? Yay. Now what would you do if the chartered Pats flight crashed on the way to the game, the entire team was lost, and the Pats had to forfeit to the Falcons?

I prefer happy hypotheticals. For example, how would Pats fans feel if the Commissioner were wrapped in 50 pounds of raw sirloin and dropped in the outback alone and unarmed near a pack of starving dingos?
That could be decent

well.......then it's a good thing garoppolo has not been traded away

Your reply is a waste of bandwidth. Forums are meant for open discussion. The internet welcomes you. Please be careful.
calling someone's internet post a "waste of bandwidth" cracks me up a lot actually.. lol

I would love to see him end up with 6 rings but he must get to 5 first. Big opportunity can't let go to waste.
That is correct, 6 does come after 5. just kidding. I am nervous about talking about number 6 all the time when the Falcons are already feeling disrespected.

The beauty of open discussions is that you can start a thread about any topic you'd like. Whether or not people will participate is another question.

In the grand scheme of things this is a relatively microscopic amount of bandwidth. You realize you can just maturely ignore a thread if you don't want to participate, right? I'm sure at some point in the last 57 years you've concluded that certain things do not require your attention...
Well, then, fine, I'll start by ignoring this stupid thread, and...wait...oh, crap.

That is correct, 6 does come after 5. just kidding. I am nervous about talking about number 6 all the time when the Falcons are already feeling disrespected.
We'd better hope that all this talk of trophy-handing does not inspire them to superhuman achievement...

Reverse psychology: So when Goodell hands the Lombardi off to Blank, should the loudspeaker system play Guy Lombardo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST